Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Dermatology and Venereology (616913)
Specialized in: dermatology, venereology
About the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of medical services for patients with diseases of the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. The department's doctors also provide qualified medical care to patients with sexually transmitted diseases. The clinical practice successfully uses effective drug treatment regimens, photodynamic therapy, laser therapy, minimally invasive interventions and other modern treatments, which guarantee excellent results, including aesthetic ones. Each patient receives an individual treatment plan, which is developed with due consideration of his particular needs and wishes. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ozer Arıcan.
The accurate diagnostics plays an important role in the treatment success. After communication with the patient and studying his medical history, the attending physician carries out clinical examination. Then, depending on the complaints and the supposed diagnosis, the patient is examined with magnifying glass, transillumination, dermatoscopy, laboratory tests, microscopic tests, dermatography, biopsy, etc. After considering the diagnostic results, the specialist makes a conclusion, establishes the accurate diagnosis and prescribes the optimal treatment.
Thanks to the powerful medical and technical base of the department, many skin diseases can be successfully treated using conservative methods, such as drug therapy, laser therapy, phototherapy, radiowave therapy, cryodestruction and others. Nevertheless, in some cases, it is impossible to avoid surgical intervention, for example, in the case of melanoma, as it is a dangerous skin malignancy, which can only be eliminated with the help of surgical resection. Dermatoscopy is used to diagnose melanoma. Should suspicious changes be detected, the doctor will sample tissue for its further microscopic and immunohistochemical examination.
Psoriasis is one of the most common dermatological pathologies, which is treated by the department's specialists. It is a chronic inflammatory process, which is manifested by scaly red and pink patches. The main symptoms of psoriasis are severe itching and severe pain. The treatment regimen for psoriasis is determined by the doctor on an individual basis and depends on the severity of the pathology. In milder forms, dermatologists prescribe ointments and creams for local use. It is also recommended to follow a diet as a supplement to drug therapy. In more complex clinical cases, the patient requires physical therapy and pills, including hormonal drugs.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin neoplasms
- Diagnostics and treatment of dermatitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of psoriasis
- Diagnostics and treatment of rosacea
- Diagnostics and treatment of acne
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin infections
- Diagnostics and treatment of fungal diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of hyperhidrosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of hair and nail diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Ozer Arıcan
- Since 2019 Head of the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul.
- 2017 - 2019 Work in the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the Özel Adatıp Kurtköy Hastanesi in Istanbul.
- 2016 - 2017 Work in the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the Medicana Çamlıca Hastanesi.
- 2013 - 2016 Work in the Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Fatih University Hospital.
- 2007 - 2013 Work at the Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Trakia University Hospital.
- 2003 - 2007 Work in the Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Kahramanmaraş Sütçü Imam University Hospital.
- 2001 - 2003 Work in the Department of Dermatology and Venereology, İstanbul Kartal Dr. Lütfi Kırdar Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2013 Professorship.
- 2007 Assistant Professorship.
- 1997 - 2001 Specialized training in Dermatology and Venereology at the İstanbul Haseki Eğitim Ve Araştırma Hastanesi.
- 1989 - 1995 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine at the Istanbul University.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Istanbul Medical Chamber.
- Turkish Society of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Turkish Society of Dermatology.
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Turkish Society of Pediatric Dermatology.
- Turkish Society of Dermato-Oncology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Dermatology and Venereology.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.