Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders (616931)
Esra Suheda Hatipoglu
Specialized in: endocrinology, diabetology and metabolic disorders
About the department
The Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders at the Memorial Bahсelievler Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of services in its areas of specialization. Of particular interest to the department's specialists are endocrine tumors, as well as diabetes mellitus, obesity and metabolic disorders. In the case of obesity and concomitant diseases, the doctors develop an individual nutrition program aimed at normalizing body weight, as well as reducing cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Prior to treatment, the doctors carefully study the patient's medical history and determine the cause of the disease. Thanks to modern equipment and long experience of the specialists, the department uses innovative treatment methods, which allow achieving excellent results even in the most complex clinical cases. The department is headed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Esra Suheda Hatipoglu.
The department often admits patients with diabetes mellitus. The department's doctors develop a comprehensive and individual treatment program, which allows them to prevent the development of complications of the pathology and significantly improve the patient's quality of life. If necessary, insulin therapy regimen is selected. Particular attention is paid to training patients the correct lifestyle with diabetes mellitus and the use of devices for self-monitoring of blood sugar levels.
Although diabetes mellitus is one of the most common diseases, many patients are admitted to the department with dysfunction of the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands, as well as with rare metabolic disorders. Such diseases often lead to overweight and obesity. Both physicians and nutritionists cooperate closely to develop an individual health care program. They hold individual consultations on all issues of interest to the patient and use a comprehensive clinical approach.
Thanks to modern equipment, the department's specialists provide both diagnostics and treatment of endocrine tumors. Endocrine neoplasms are rare, and their detection often depends on the ability to produce hormones. When treating such pathologies, the specialists use algorithms developed by professional associations of international experts in this medical field. The therapy includes surgical, drug and radionuclide methods. As a rule, resection is required for both hormonally active and hormonally inactive tumors. Antihormonal drugs are also often prescribed. Their action is aimed at blocking hormonal disorders, which develop due to the hormonally active neoplasms. Modern chemotherapy treatments and state-of-the-art equipment show positive results even at the advanced stages.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Pituitary diseases
- Pituitary gland failure
- Secondary hypercortisolism
- Acromegaly and gigantism
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Diabetes insipidus
- Thyroid diseases
- Diffuse goitre
- Nodular goiter
- Inflammatory thyroid diseases (thyroiditides)
- Hashimoto's disease
- Thyroid cancer
- Parathyroid diseases
- Adrenal diseases
- Ovarian diseases
- Low levels of sex hormones in women (hypogonadism)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Excessive hair growth (hirsutism)
- Endocrine disorders in men
- Testosterone deficiency
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low libido
- Decreased levels of sex hormones in men (hypogonadism)
- Disorders of carbohydrate and other types of metabolism
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Insulin resistance syndrome
- Obesity of various etiologies
- Diseases caused by deficiency of vitamins and minerals
- Endocrine tumors
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Other endocrine disorders
- Since 2019 Specialist in Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Memorial Bahсelievler Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2016 - 2018 Specialist in Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Biruni University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2013 - 2015 Specialist in Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Edirne State Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2017 Assistant Professor, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2010 - 2013 Specialized training in Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2004 - 2009 Residency in Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine at the Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1998 - 2004 Doctor of Education – English, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 33 articles in international journals.
- 10 articles in national journals.
- 21 articles on international portals.
- 5 publications in national newspapers.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Endocrine Surgery.
- European Society of Endocrinology.
- Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Turkey.
- Pituitary Network Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.