Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Nephrology (623747)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the Department of Nephrology at Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Nephrology at the Memorial Bahсelievler Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of services for the diagnostics and treatment of kidney diseases. The experienced team of specialists provides both medical and surgical treatment, as well as diagnostics of the genitourinary system in men and women. The key focus of the department is on the treatment of kidney failure and dialysis. All manipulations are performed by highly qualified experts. The department's doctors regularly attend advanced training courses. The specialists devote much time to individual consultations of patients, and also strive to ensure maximum comfort during the diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic procedures. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Alaattin Yıldız.
When admitted to the department, each patient undergoes the diagnostics, during which the team of doctors determines the cause of impaired functioning of the kidneys and urinary tract. After diagnostics and study of medical history, an individual treatment regimen is developed for each patient. When treating acute and chronic kidney failure, conservative methods are mainly used. After stabilization of the patient's condition and relative recovery of kidney function, the doctors prescribe dialysis, which serves to cleanse the blood from metabolic products. In the timely treatment, the department's specialists mostly manage to completely restore the function of the urinary system.
In the case of chronic kidney failure, the doctors strive to preserve residual kidney function and slow the progression of the disease. In some cases, renal replacement therapy is performed. Chronic kidney failure can occur due to type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension, urolithiasis, tuberculosis, chronic pyelonephritis, polycystic kidney disease, etc. It is necessary to carry out a number of ultrasound and laboratory tests to establish an accurate diagnosis. Kidney failure is treated with modern drugs, which can eliminate symptoms, slow or stop the progression of the disease, and significantly improve the quality of life of patients. The department also carries out preventive measures in order to normalize body weight and blood pressure levels, quit smoking, normalize cholesterol levels, which helps to reduce the risk of developing kidney failure.
The department also specializes in the treatment of common diseases of the urinary system. To establish the accurate diagnosis and monitor treatment results, the specialists perform urine tests, computed tomography and MRI scan of the urinary system, general and biochemical blood tests, ureteroscopy and ultrasound examination of the bladder, urethra, kidneys and ureters. After establishing the diagnosis, the department's specialists develop an individual treatment program. As a rule, in most cases, they prescribe drugs and a special diet. In severe pathologies, the department's doctors can resort to a surgical intervention. The patients mostly seek medical help from the department in the case of such diseases as pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis and prostatitis. In some cases, asymptomatic bacteriuria is possible, when urinalysis reveals the presence of microflora, but the patient does not experience any symptoms. As a rule, timely qualified medical care and high quality treatment guarantee a complete recovery.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of pyelonephritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic kidney failure, including supportive care and monitoring of patients with advanced stage of kidney failure
- Diagnostics and treatment of glomerulonephritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of polycystic kidney disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney cancer (in cooperation with the Departments of General Surgery and Oncology)
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney cysts
- Diagnostics and treatment of arterial hypertension
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of other nephrological diseases
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Alaattin Yıldız
- Since 2019 Nephrologist at the Memorial Bahсelievler Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Since 2019 Nephrologist at the Memorial Şişli Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2001 - 2004 Research Fellow in Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA.
- 1995 - 1996 Specialist in Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2003 Professorship.
- 1997 Assistant Professorship.
- 1992 - 1997 Study of Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1987 - 1992 Residency in Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine at the Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1981-1987 Study of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine at the Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 34 international publications on kidney transplantation.
- 55 international publications on chronic kidney failure.
- Publication in the American Journal of Transplantation. Subject: "Dialysis and Kidney Transplantation".
- Publication in the American Journal of Kidney Diseases. Subject: "Drug treatment of diabetic nephropathy".
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Nephrology.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.