Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul
Department of Oncology (623758)
Mustafa Teoman Yanmaz
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Department of Oncology at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of high-quality medical services for prevention, diagnostics and treatment of malignant tumors of various localization. With the advanced conservative and surgical methods of cancer treatment, the department has the status of one of the leading in Turkey, and is also known for its achievements in cancer treatment in Europe and the USA. The Chief Physician of the department is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Mustafa Teoman Yanmaz.
The diagnostics is carried out in collaboration with the Departments of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, which have state-of-the-art imaging systems. The department carries out ultrasound examinations, radiography, CT, MRI, PET, SPECT, scintigraphy and many other examinations, which allow the doctors to obtain accurate information about the state of the anatomical structures of the body. The department uses reliable and modern equipment, which guarantees maximum safety for the patient, as well as the use of minimum radiation doses.
The specialists of the medical facility competently combine effective regimens of chemotherapy and radiation therapy with surgical interventions for tumor resection. With appropriate clinical indications, the doctors also successfully use hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, antibody therapy and targeted therapy. Depending on the particular clinical case, the aim of the department's physicians is to achieve a complete recovery or long-term remission.
The cancer patients rarely manage to avoid surgical intervention. The advantage for the department's patients is laparoscopic and robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery, which can significantly reduce the period of hospitalization and facilitate postoperative recovery. Such operations virtually eliminate the risk of haemorrhage, infections and complications. In addition to classical surgery, the department also provides radiosurgical treatment. A special feature of the department is the use of the innovative Truebeam STx system (in cooperation with the Department of Radiation Oncology), which allows the doctors to carry out effective treatment of all types of tumors. It should be noted that the device is an innovation in medicine and is not available in every medical center. With the TrueBeam STx, it is possible to perform both radiation therapy and radiosurgical treatment, which improves the quality of cancer therapy to a new level. The system also surpasses such medical technologies as CyberKnife and Gamma Knife. For example, Gamma Knife can only be used for the treatment of skull base tumors, while the TrueBeam STx is suitable for irradiation of tumors of all localizations.
The department's medical team productively cooperates with doctors of related medical fields, including general surgeons, gynecologists, urologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, otolaryngologists and others. The specialists regularly take part in tumor boards, during which they develop optimal treatment regimens. The therapeutic tactics are determined for each patient individually, taking into account his needs and wishes. The department provides qualified assistance of psychologists, who help patients accept their diagnosis and overcome emotional distress.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of gallbladder and biliary duct cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of pancreatic cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the urinary system
- Diagnostics and treatment of endocrine cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the respiratory system
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the reproductive system in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the female reproductive system
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer in women
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the nervous system
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of soft tissue and bone cancer
- Detection and treatment of metastases of various localization
- Diagnostics and treatment of other cancers
- Since 2018 Head of the Department of Oncology at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2015 - 2018 Oncologist, Department of Oncology, Kolan International Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2009 - 2015 Oncologist, Department of Oncology, Medical Park Bahçelievler Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2007 - 2009 Oncologist, Department of Oncology, Gaziantep Teaching and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 - 2006 Oncologist, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2002 - 2003 Internist, Taksim Teaching and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2001 - 2002 Internist, Faculty of Medicine, Harran University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2003 - 2006 Residency in Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1994 - 1999 Residency in General Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1988 - 1994 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 10 articles in international editions.
- 5 articles in Turkish editions.
- 7 oral presentations at congresses in Turkey.
- 15 poster presentations at congresses in Turkey.
- 10 poster presentations at international congresses.
Awards and Honors
- 2006 Best Poster Presentation Award, 1st Medical Oncology Congress, Antalya, Turkey.
- 2004 Best Poster Presentation Award, 29th Congress of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), Vienna, Austria.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Turkish Society for Medical Oncology (TTOD).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Şişli Hospital
Department of Oncology.
Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.