Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Surgery (627863)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of modern surgical interventions for the treatment of various pathologies in children. The surgeons of the medical facility also provide the surgical treatment of congenital pathologies detected in the fetus at the stage of intrauterine development. The department's specialists admit young patients between the ages of 0 and 14 years. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Nuvit Sarımurat.
The department's medical team devotes enough time to counseling parents and does everything possible in order to make the treatment as painless as possible for the child. Whenever possible, the surgeons use laparoscopic and thoracoscopic access, which significantly reduces and facilitates the postoperative recovery period – after a couple of days, the child can already move and play freely. When planning treatment tactics, the doctors necessarily take into account the age of the young patient and the individual physiological characteristics of the growing organism. Both simple routine operations and advanced interventions are performed according to current clinical protocols.
The most demanded surgical interventions include operations for thoracic diseases (with the exception of heart pathologies) and thoracic deformities, cancers of various localization, diseases of the digestive system and endocrine glands, developmental defects of the reproductive organs in boys and girls, as well as diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Children's health and well-being is a priority for the department's doctors. Each member of the department's medical team is sensitive to young patients and creates a friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Thanks to this, the child feels as comfortable as possible during the entire therapeutic process.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgical treatment of esophageal atresia
- Surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Surgical correction of thoracic deformities
- Surgical treatment of acute appendicitis
- Surgical treatment of intussusception
- Surgical treatment of pyloric stenosis
- Surgical treatment of umbilical and inguinal hernias
- Surgical treatment of Hirschsprung's disease
- Surgical treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis in newborns
- Surgical treatment of anorectal malformations
- Surgical treatment of omphalocele
- Surgical treatment of diseases and defects of the reproductive organs in boys
- Undescended testicle (cryptorchidism)
- Testicular torsion
- Surgical treatment of diseases and defects of the reproductive organs in girls
- Ovarian cysts
- Imperforate hymen
- Labial fusion
- Gastrostomy and ileostomy
- Surgical treatment of other pathologies in children
- Since 2010 Head of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1997 - 2010 Lecturer in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1996 - 1997 Work in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital.
- 1990 - 1996 Lecturer in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1983 - 1990 Specialized Training in Pediatric Surgery, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1974 - 1980 Study of Human Medicine, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Association of Pediatric Surgeons.
- Turkish Thoracic Society.
- Turkish Pediatric Association.
- Istanbul Tuberculosis Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Sisli Hospital
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.