Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology, Phlebology (696201)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology, allergology, phlebology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology, Phlebology at Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology, Phlebology at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin provides the full range of modern medical services in the fields of its competence. The department's doctors specialize in the treatment of various skin diseases, skin allergic reactions, venous pathologies and sexually transmitted infections. Of particular interest to the department's team is skin cancer screening and treatment of this type of oncology. In addition, the department offers the widest range of services in the field of aesthetic dermatology, including the treatment of wrinkles, correction of age spots, stretch marks on the skin, scar revision, PRP therapy for hair loss treatment, and hemangioma removal. The treatment of skin pathologies in children is also an integral part of clinical practice. The specialists of the medical facility have in their arsenal various drug therapy regimens, innovative laser techniques and highly effective surgical procedures. The optimal treatment tactics are developed for each patient individually, after an accurate study of the anamnesis, complaints and diagnostic results. The department's medical team always strives to provide top-class care at an international level and achieve the best treatment results. The Head Physician of the department is Dr. med. Joseph Salamé.
The department's primary focus is on the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer. The department's doctors often carry out treatment of basalioma and melanoma. If the patient has basalioma, the chances of a complete cure are quite high, since this type of cancer rarely metastasizes. If the patient is diagnosed with melanoma, then the therapeutic process will be more complicated, since the cancer progresses quite quickly. The doctors of the medical facility recommend their patients to undergo regular skin cancer screening, which will help detect the pathology at the early stages and provide the most effective treatment. The main method of preventive examination is computer-assisted dermatoscopy. In addition, based on the results of the general examination and the patient's medical history, the doctor assesses the risks of developing skin cancer. As a rule, the first-line therapy for basalioma and melanoma is tumor resection surgery. If there are contraindications to surgery, radiation therapy becomes the main therapeutic method. In some cases, the department's doctors resort to drug therapy: immunotherapy and targeted therapy. In the early stages, a skin tumor can be removed using modern photodynamic therapy. After the completion of the treatment course, regular monitoring by a specialist is required.
Of particular interest in the field of general dermatology is the treatment of such pathologies as acne, neurodermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea. In most cases, the specialists use only local therapy with ointments and creams. Sometimes drug therapy is prescribed, for example, antibiotic therapy. In addition, doctors use phototherapy, peelings, lymphatic drainage and laser therapy. A particular set of therapeutic measures is determined on an individual basis, depending on the diagnosis and severity of the pathological process.
In the field of allergology, the department's patients can undergo comprehensive diagnostics to determine the causes of allergic reactions on the skin, which will be followed by the appropriate treatment, usually with drugs or allergen elimination.
The department's competence also includes the conservative treatment of venous pathologies. Particular attention is paid to the repair of spider veins, the treatment of rosacea, vascular nevi and hemangiomas. During the consultation, the doctor carries out the general examination, after which, if necessary, dopplerography and/or digital photoplethysmography is prescribed to rule out venous outflow abnormalities. To treat venous pathologies, doctors use injection therapy and laser therapy.
The department's therapeutic offer is complemented by a wide range of procedures in the field of aesthetic dermatology. The doctors have successful experience in the treatment of wrinkles with Botox and filler injections, Botox injection therapy for hyperhidrosis, facial contouring with hyaluronic acid injections, non-surgical rhinoplasty, laser treatment of scars, removal of hemangiomas, age spots, tattoos. In addition, the department successfully carries out PRP therapy (injection of the patient's own platelet-rich plasma) for hair loss treatment. The therapeutic procedure is performed 3-4 times with an interval of 1 week, and then after about 1-2 months until the complete cessation of hair loss. The technique demonstrates excellent success rates and is very popular.
The department's key clinical areas include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant skin tumors (basalioma and melanoma)
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign skin neoplasms
- Diagnostics and treatment of dermatosis: acne, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, rosacea, keratosis, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin diseases in children
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases: genital herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital warts, HIV infection, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic skin reactions: allergic contact dermatitis, urticaria, eczema, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of venous diseases: spider veins, couperosis and hemangiomas
- Other medical services
The department's range of therapeutic services includes:
- Conservative treatment methods
- Topical treatment with ointments and creams
- Drug therapy with pills
- Injection therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Laser therapy
- Surgical treatment methods
- Removal of benign and malignant skin tumors using the most sparing surgical techniques
- Laser surgery
- Aesthetic procedures
- Treatment of wrinkles with Botox injections and fillers
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) with Botox injections
- Facial contouring with hyaluronic acid injections
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Laser treatment of acne and laser scar revision
- Age spot removal
- Tattoo removal
- PRP therapy for hair loss treatment
- Other therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Joseph Salamé
Postgraduate Training and Professional Career
- 2003 - 2010 Admission to medical practice, Hadat Faculty of Medical Sciences, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- 2010 Training for board certification in Internal Medicine, State Hospital Bouar, Lebanon.
- 2011 Training for board certification in Internal Medicine, Middle East Institute of Health University Hospital.
- 2011 Internship, Department of Dermatology, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland.
- 2012 - 2017 Board certification in Dermatology, University Hospital Charite Berlin.
- 2018 Board certification in Dermatology and Venereology.
- 2018 Doctor at the Meyer-Rogge und Kollegen Clinic, Karlsruhe.
- 2018 - 2021 Medical Director of the Clinic for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Berlin.
- Since 2021 Head Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology, Phlebology at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Meoclinic
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology, Phlebology.
Meoclinic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.