Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
Department of Cardiology (696204)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the Department of Cardiology at Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
The Department of Cardiology at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin offers patients the full range of services for the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The department has modern diagnostic rooms with various equipment for assessing heart function. The specialists carry out advanced types of echocardiography, electrocardiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and other tests. An important focus of the work of the medical facility is on the preventive examinations for prevention or early detection of heart pathologies. The department's doctors hold many consultations in various fields of cardiology, as well as prescribe conservative treatment for cardiovascular diseases. The vast clinical experience of the specialists allows them to successfully develop effective drug therapy regimens to restore heart function and improve the patient's quality of life. The patients are admitted both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The department is headed by Dr. med. Engin Osmanoglou.
The department's medical team is convinced that the best treatment is prevention. Over the long years of clinical activity, doctors have developed their own preventive programs for the early detection of cardiovascular pathologies or for assessing the risk of their development in the future. The specialists carry out a general clinical examination, ask the patient in detail about his complaints, and then prescribe a complex of diagnostic tests: stress and resting electrocardiography, heart ultrasound with dopplerography and stress and resting color duplex scanning, 24-hour Holter monitoring, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, pulmonary function testing. Laboratory blood and urine tests are mandatory as well. The preventive programs are recommended for patients with complaints of chest pain, rapid or slow heartbeat, impaired heart functioning, patients with regular stressful situations, family history of risk factors (heart attack, stroke, arterial hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus, obesity). Obviously, the preventive examination of the cardiovascular system is also recommended for people who do not experience health problems, since cardiac pathologies are very often asymptomatic.
The department's service range is not limited to preventive examinations. The highly qualified cardiologists carry out treatment of patients with heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias), heart valve pathologies, heart failure, myocardial infarction, heart damage due to thyroid diseases and diabetes mellitus. Such patients need comprehensive diagnostics, based on the results of which the department's specialists develop the optimal treatment regimen. The competence of cardiologists includes conservative therapy. In most cases, it is based on the intake of a set of drugs to correct the work of the heart and improve the patient's health condition. In addition, the specialists give patients recommendations on lifestyle modifications. People with cardiovascular diseases are recommended regular moderate exercise, proper nutrition, avoidance of stressful situations, smoking and alcohol cessation. These measures have a beneficial effect on the condition of the heart and the body as a whole.
The department's range of diagnostic and therapeutic services includes:
- Diagnostic options
- Comprehensive programs for the prevention of cardiovascular pathologies
- Stress and resting echocardiography
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress and resting electrocardiography
- 24-hour Holter monitoring
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Pulse wave analysis
- Abdominal ultrasound scanning
- Ultrasound scanning of the arteries and veins
- Ankle-brachial index test
- Cardiac computed tomography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- Therapeutic options
- Drug therapy with modern medications
- Recommendations for lifestyle modification: regular moderate exercise, healthy nutrition, avoidance of stressful situations, smoking cessation and refuse of alcohol
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Engin Osmanoglou
University Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1992 - 1994 Study of Human Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 1994 - 1999 Study of Human Medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 11.1999 Third state examination and partial admission to medical practice.
- 07.2001 Admission to medical practice.
- 04.2006 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 11.2009 Board certification in Internal Medicine with a focus on Cardiology.
- 01.2000 - 08.2005 Research Fellow in the Department of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 09.2005 - 01.2010 Work in the Department of Cardiology at the German Heart Center Berlin.
- 01.2007 Work in the Heart Center, as well as Senior Physician in the Cardiology Outpatient Clinic of the German Heart Center Berlin.
- 01.2008 Managing Senior Physician of the Heart Center and Cardiac Outpatient Clinic of the German Heart Center Berlin.
- 04.2008 Theoretical basis of the specialty in Radiation Protection: chest X-ray.
- 04.2008 Theoretical basis of the specialty in Radiation Protection: X-ray for emergency diagnostics in adults and children.
- 01.2010 Head Physician in the Department of Cardiology at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin.
- 03.2010 Co-Founder of the Center for Cardiology and Internal Medicine at the Schlachtensee Hospital.
- 12.2010 Appointment to the Examination Committee of the Berlin Medical Association (medical fields: Internal Medicine and Cardiology).
- 12.2010 Appointment to the Board of Trustees of Pro Organspende.
- 03.2011 Co-Founder of Gastro Kardio Plus at the Academy of MRI Diagnostics at the Ludwig Erhard Berlin Hospital.
- 08.2014 Medical Director of the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin.
- 2002 - 2006 Lectures and seminars on Internal Medicine and Nutrition, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2005 Lecturer in echocardiography courses at the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- 2007 - 2008 Lecturer in courses on ultrasound diagnostics of abdominal pathologies of the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM); Lecturer in Cardiology at the Academy of Cardiac Technology and the German Heart Center Berlin.
- 04.2008 Appointment as a Visiting Lecturer at the Steinbeis University Berlin in the bachelor degree course on cardiovascular perfusion.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society for Internal Medicine (DGIM).
- German Cardiac Society (DGK).
- German Diabetes Association (DDG).
- German Heart Foundation.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Meoclinic
Department of Cardiology.
Meoclinic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.