Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric Surgery (696209)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the Department of Pediatric Surgery at Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin provides the full range of medical services in the field of its competence. The department's team of pediatric surgeons specializes in general surgical interventions in children, operations for congenital and acquired urologic pathologies in boys, interventions for resection of benign and malignant skin tumors, and many other operations. Depending on the complexity of the surgical manipulation, it is determined whether it will be inpatient or outpatient. Whenever possible, the department's surgeons use sparing low traumatic surgical techniques that allow the child to recover after surgery as soon as possible. In addition, the specialists make sure that young patients receive the safest possible surgical treatment. The doctors welcome the presence of parents at the preparatory stage for the operation and after it, since the child needs the support and care of parents in such a life situation. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Wit.
The team of the department's pediatric surgeons has been admitting boys with congenital and acquired pathologies of the reproductive system for many years. The specialists of the medical facility successfully perform operations to repair hydrocele, varicocele, phimosis, undescended testicles, as well as circumcision, frenuloplasty and other interventions of this spectrum. The experienced pediatric anesthesiologists thoroughly plan the anesthesia of the upcoming operation in order to eliminate risks to the child's health. In most cases, surgical interventions for urologic pathologies in boys are performed on an outpatient basis, so the child does not require hospitalization.
The department's surgeons also regularly remove moles, sebaceous cysts, foreign bodies, warts, skin tumors, lipomas, neck cysts and fistulas, Baker's cysts. As a rule, such surgical interventions are minor and are performed on an outpatient basis. In many cases, the specialists use innovative laser and endoscopic techniques, which practically exclude damage to healthy adjacent tissues.
Each member of the department's team of pediatric surgeons is a high-class professional, for whom the main value is the health of the child. The specialists have a perfect command of the modern sparing surgical techniques, so young patients can count on the best result. In complex clinical cases in young children under the age of 3 years, the doctors of the department cooperate with the specialists from the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin – one of the most respected medical centers not only in Germany, but throughout Europe.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgical treatment of inguinal hernias
- Surgical treatment of hydrocele
- Surgical treatment of undescended testicles
- Surgical treatment of varicocele
- Surgical treatment of phimosis
- Circumcision in boys
- Surgical treatment of labial adhesions
- Surgical treatment of Baker's cysts
- Surgical correction of ingrown toenail
- Surgical treatment of hand panaritium
- Surgical treatment of ganglion
- Surgical treatment of stenosing tendovaginitis
- Surgical treatment of neck cysts and fistulas
- Surgical treatment of anal fistulas
- Surgical repair of anal stenosis in children
- Surgical repair of lingual frenum shortening
- Surgical interventions on the skin and subcutaneous adipose tissue: removal of moles, sebaceous cysts, foreign bodies, warts, tumors, lipomas
- Surgical treatment of epidermal cysts
- Appendectomy in children
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Wit
- 10.1973 Board certification in Surgery.
- 1974 - 1976 Work in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Leipzig.
- 1976 - 1993 Work in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch.
- 07.1978 Board certification in Pediatric Surgery.
- 1984 - 1993 Senior Physician in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch.
- 1993 - 2008 Senior Physician (1st) and Permanent Representative of the Head of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2008 - 2014 Pediatric Surgeon, Achenbach Hospital.
- Since 09.2014 Head Physician in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin.
Key Clinical Interests
- General pediatric surgery.
- Pediatric cancer surgery.
- Outpatient pediatric surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Meoclinic
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
Meoclinic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.