Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (696216)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
About the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin provides highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of various diseases in children. The department offers medical care to children of all age groups, ranging from infants to adolescents up to the age of 18. The areas of particular specialization are preventive check-ups to assess the child's health and development, treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases, consultations on vaccination and vaccination itself. In addition, the department's specialists have vast experience in the provision of medical care to young patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, infectious diseases, including influenza, sinusitis and otitis media, posture disorders, whooping cough, mumps, scarlet fever, bulimia and anorexia. The main treatment method is usually drug therapy with pills, injections and infusions. If the patient requires surgery, specialized pediatric surgeons are engaged in the treatment. The department's team of doctors devotes enough time to personal communication with young patients and their parents, and also does everything possible so that the child does not experience fear and anxiety before the upcoming treatment. The department is headed by Dr. med. Abdallah Karajoli.
One of the most important focuses of the medical facility is on the preventive check-ups, starting from the very first days of life and as the child grows up. Of particular importance are U1 to U8 check-ups during the first four years of life, since many congenital pathologies develop at this very age and they require immediate treatment. The department also provides check-ups to children with already identified congenital or acquired pathologies. The department's specialists have vast experience in monitoring the development of premature babies. The department's pediatricians successfully carry out all the necessary preventive check-ups, ranging from U1 to U11. The department also offers J1 and J2 preventive programs for teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17. In case of detection of developmental disorders and pathological changes, the specialists develop optimal treatment options, which they discuss with the parents of a young patient in order to cooperatively decide on further therapeutic measures.
The department often deals with the treatment of children and adolescents suffering from chronic diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract. The focus is on young patients with bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis and bronchopulmonary dysplasia. The last pathology is rare, mainly occurs in premature babies born before 32 weeks of gestation, who are artificially ventilated to prevent newborn respiratory distress syndrome. The first manifestations of the above mentioned pathologies often develop in the first year of life. Over the years, the department's specialists have accumulated rich experience in the diagnostics of chronic diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, which determines the effectiveness of further treatment. In addition, the medical facility has at its disposal modern diagnostic devices for the comprehensive assessment of the state of the respiratory system in the child. The therapeutic protocols are usually based on the intake of drugs. In case of bronchial asthma, inhalers are widely used, instantly delivering the drug to the respiratory tract.
The department's physicians are responsible for providing medical care to children and adolescents with all acute pathologies, diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, and allergic diseases. There are also special consultations for young patients with epilepsy. Whenever required, the specialists from the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology and Epileptology are engaged in these consultations.
The department's key clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostic options
- Preventive check-ups U1 - U11, J1 and J2
- Laboratory tests
- Abdominal ultrasound scanning
- Cardiac ultrasound scanning (echocardiography)
- Cranial ultrasound scanning
- Thyroid ultrasound scanning
- Joint ultrasound scanning
- Paranasal sinus ultrasound scanning
- Pulmonary function testing
- Therapeutic options
- Drug therapy with pills
- Injection therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Allergen-specific immunotherapy (hyposensitization) for allergy treatment
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Abdallah Karajoli
University Education and Professional Career
- 1980 - 1986 Study of Human Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
- 30.10.1986 Diploma in Medicine.
- 24.11.1986 Admission to medical practice.
- 1987 - 1988 Professional training in Pediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
- 1994 - 1997 Professional training in Pediatrics, St. Barbara's Hospital, Halle/Saale.
- Since 1992 Board certification in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
- 2005 Specialization in Neonatology.
- 2008 Specialization in Pediatric Pulmonology.
- 2010 Additional qualification in Allergology.
- 1992 - 2003 Physician in the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, St. Elisabeth Hospital, Halle/Saale.
- 2003 - 2009 Senior Physician, Interdisciplinary Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, St. Elisabeth Hospital and St. Barbara Hospital, Halle/Saale.
- Since 2010 Head Physician of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Meoclinic Hospital Berlin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Meoclinic
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
Meoclinic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.