Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics (696219)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, obstetrics
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics at Meoclinic Hospital Berlin
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics at the Meoclinic Hospital Berlin provides prevention, diagnostics and treatment of the full range of diseases of the female reproductive system. The competence of the specialists of the medical facility includes conservative therapy and surgical treatment. The department's doctors welcome the use of the very latest therapeutic techniques, so most surgical interventions on the genital organs are performed using minimally invasive techniques, without traumatic large incisions in the skin and soft tissues. The department's team of obstetricians takes care of the good course of pregnancy in all trimesters, successful childbirth and postnatal care for the mother and baby. The department also admits girls and young women with puberty disorders and menstrual irregularities, hormonal disorders of gynecological origin and other problems. The department's specialists pay due attention to the prevention of cancer of the female reproductive organs, urinary incontinence and osteoporosis. The medical facility has everything necessary for the provision of high-quality treatment using the very latest advances in medicine. The Head Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Bernd Bojahr.
The department's medical team often provides medical care to women with general gynecological problems. These include infectious diseases of the female reproductive system (bacterial vaginosis, vulvovaginal candidiasis, aerobic vaginitis, cytolytic lactobacillus), hormonal disorders of gynecological origin, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome, menstrual irregularities, menopausal disorders, dysmenorrhea, cystitis, sexually transmitted infections (trichomoniasis, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts). In most cases, a clinical examination, laboratory tests and ultrasound scanning are sufficient to detect the above mentioned pathologies. The first-line therapy is most often drug treatment, and in rare cases, minor surgical interventions may be required.
The department also holds specialized consultations in the field of pediatric gynecology. In most cases, these consultations are devoted to the problems of delayed puberty, premature puberty, menstrual irregularities in girls, hormonal disorders due to gynecologic diseases, and chronic pain in the lower abdomen. During the consultations, the girls receive the necessary recommendations and start taking drugs to improve their health, if clinically indicated.
The department specializes in the surgical treatment of gynecologic diseases. The department's doctors prefer sparing minimally invasive surgery and have vast experience in the field of modern low traumatic surgery. The areas of specialization include minimally invasive (laparoscopic) operations on the uterus and ovaries, operations for endometriosis, uterine fibroids, interventions to eliminate fallopian tube obstruction in infertility, operations for the treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Laparoscopic surgery has many advantages over classical open surgery: there is no need to make extensive skin incisions, lack of scars, a low risk of postoperative complications (adhesions, incisional hernias), and minimal blood loss. With all the advantages of laparoscopic techniques, the results of such operations are comparable in efficiency to the classical open technique.
The department's therapeutic offer is complemented by top-class obstetric services. The specialists in this field hold consultations for expectant mothers, as well as carry out the necessary laboratory tests and ultrasound scanning to monitor the course of pregnancy and fetal development. Such prenatal examinations as chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis are also available here. After the childbirth, the mother and child are under the monitoring of highly qualified department's staff, who control their health and provide medical care, if required.
The department's main clinical activities include:
- Preventive gynecological examinations, including special screening programs for uterine and cervical cancer, breast cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases of the female reproductive organs (for example, genital warts, genital herpes)
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders caused by gynecologic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of menopausal disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of premenstrual syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of dysmenorrhea
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (in women)
- Diagnostics and treatment of cystitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometriosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine fibroids
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence
- Diagnostics and treatment of pelvic organ prolapse
- Pregnancy management during all trimesters
- Postnatal care for the mother and newborn baby
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Bernd Bojahr
University Education and Professional Career
- Since 11.2011 Extraordinary Professor, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Greifswald.
- Since 2010 Best Gynecologist in Berlin, MIC III Certificate, Gynecological Endoscopy Working Group (AGE).
- Since 2009 Board Member of the Gynecological Endoscopy Working Group (AGE) of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG) with additional responsibilities as Treasurer.
- Since 2009 Active participation as a Board Member in the organization and holding of national and international congresses on minimally invasive surgery in Gynecology.
- Since 09.2002 Head of the Team of Gynecologists in the Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Evangelical Medical Clinic Hubertus in Berlin.
- 2001 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in the field of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1993 - 2002 Senior Physician (in recent years – Managing Senior Physician) in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Greifswald.
- 1990 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1989 Thesis defense.
- 1986 - 1990 Training for board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Greifswald.
- 1979 - 1986 Study of Human Medicine in Volgograd (Russia, former USSR).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Gynecological Endoscopy Working Group (AGE) of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG) – Board Member since 2009.
- German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- German Professional Association of Gynecologists (BVF).
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL).
- German Association of Managing Hospital Physicians (VLK).
- European Society for Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
- German-Russian Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Meoclinic
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics.
Meoclinic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.