MEDIAN Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Magdeburg
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation (25902)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Magdeburg deals with the rehabilitation of patients with diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, including the most severe forms. It offers all phases of neurological rehabilitation, as well as therapeutic measures to restore the patient's ability to work. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Michael Sailer.
The most important focus of the department is the rehabilitation of stroke patients, those with neuromuscular diseases, behavioral disorders and disorders of orientation in the space after accidents, strokes or inflammatory processes in the brain, as well as recovery of patients with multiple sclerosis.
The department has an Early Rehabilitation Unit (phase B), which also provides artificial lung ventilation. It treats patients delivered by ambulance, in particular patients supported by artificial lung ventilation, patients in vigil coma (apallic syndrome) and those with a tracheostomy and paraplegia.
The advances in modern medicine can save lives for patients who have suffered severe trauma and neurological disorders. The department employs a large number of highly qualified specialists who provide patients with all the necessary therapeutic services. In addition, the technical equipment of the department meets all the standards of a state-of-the-art medical facility. The department also pays particular attention to the support of patients and their relatives. During individual consultations, patients receive advice on therapeutic measures that will help achieve the best possible independence in a particular clinical situation.
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation offers a wide range of diagnostic capabilities:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Evoked potentials ((VEP, AEP, SSEP)
- Extra-and transcranial sonography
- Doppler ultrasound of peripheral vessels
- Echocardiography (transthoracic and transesophageal)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Long-term blood pressure measurement
- X-ray diagnostics
- Testing in the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory
- Testing in the Neuropsychology Laboratory (including computer diagnostics of neuropsychological efficiency)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
The department specializes in the rehabilitation of patients (with artificial ventilation and without it) after the following diseases and surgical interventions:
- Stroke (cerebral infarction and cerebral hemorrhage)
- Operations on both extra- and intracranial cerebral vessels
- Surgery to remove brain and spinal cord tumors
- Meningitis and encephalitis
- Brain damage due to the lack of oxygen (for example, after intensive care unit or trauma)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Neuropathy / radiculopathy
- Muscular diseases
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Neurogenic dysphagia
- Aphasia, dysarthria
- Impaired brain functioning caused by intellectual and psychological disorders (neurocognitive disorders)
- Congenital diseases / abnormalities of the nervous system
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Neurological Rehabilitation include:
- Sports therapy (including Nordic Walking, Tai-Chi)
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Methods of treating patients with apallic syndrome (using a neurocognitive program)
- Multidisciplinary spastic therapy
- Drug therapy
- Healthy nutrition training
- Testing of the maximum possible workload and occupational therapy (medical-professional rehabilitation)
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation.
MEDIAN Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Magdeburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.