Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich
Department of Hematology and Oncology (359413)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology
About the department
The Department of Hematology and Oncology at the Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 offers the full range of services in these medical focuses. The department specializes in the diagnostics of various blood diseases in children and adolescents, ranging from all forms of anemia, blood clotting disorders and ending up with all types of blood cancer (leukemia). The department is headed by Prof. Dr. Stefan Eber.
The diagnostic options of the department include the analysis of anamnesis, digital ultrasound, MRI, a variety of laboratory tests, bone marrow examination and many others. To make the diagnosis, the department has the technology of the so-called single or combined blood test, which allows for a detailed examination of the blood composition. The big advantage of this technology is that small patients do not have to be injured by needles and to be taken large amounts of blood. In very rare cases, it may be necessary to perform puncture of the hematopoietic organs.
The type of therapy depends on the complexity of the disease: the more complex the clinical picture is, the more difficult it will be to treat it. There is a wide range of drug treatments, for example, immunoglobulin therapy, if the disease is caused by immune processes, whereas drugs that stimulate the production of blood cells are used in the absence of coagulation factors.
The specialists of the department develop comprehensive treatment programs, the goal of which is not only to eliminate the causes of the disease, but also to restore the blood formation functions of the body, since the child's body should grow and develop properly. Each young patient is prescribed an individual therapy based on the examination results.
The most common blood diseases in children are:
- Anemia (iron-deficiency, vitamin-deficiency, folio-deficiency, protein-deficiency, hereditary, posthemorrhagic, hemolytic anemias)
- Blood clotting disorders (hemophilia, thrombophilia, congenital vascular disorders, hereditary coagulopathies)
- Hematopoietic system disorders (leukopenia, leukocytosis, lymphopenia)
- Haematological malignancies (hemolytic disease of the newborn, hematosarcoma, leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma)
- Circulatory system diseases (hemorrhagic diathesis, hemorrhagic vasculitis, hemophilia)
- 1994 - 1980 Study of medicine at the Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich.
- 1980 Medical license.
- 1982 Doctorate.
- 1988 Specialist in pediatrics.
- 1996 Specialization in neonatology.
- 2001 Diploma in stem cell therapy, Université Haute Alsace.
- 2003 Specialization in Pediatric Hematology, Oncology (FMH), diploma awarded by the Swiss Medical Association.
- 2003 Specialist in Hematological Analytics (FAMH), diploma awarded by the Swiss Society of Medical Genetics.
- 2004 Specialization in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (Bavarian State Board of Physicians).
- 2007 Medical License for Basic Psychosomatic Care (KVB).
- 2007 Hemostaseology (Bavarian State Board of Physicians).
- 1981 - 1982 Military Physician in Günzburg, Danube.
- 1982 - 1989 Research Assistant at the Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Göttingen.
- 1989 - 1999 Medical Director, University Hospital Göttingen: general and infection ward, infant ward, hematological and hemostaseological outpatient department, HIV outpatient department.
- 1994 - 1999 Board Member of the Pediatric Center of Georg August, University Göttingen.
- 1995 - 1999 Board Member of the Pediatric Center of the University of Göttingen.
- 1996 Head of the Working Group of the Society for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology: guidelines for pediatric hematology (spherocytosis, thalassemia, sickle cell disease).
- Since 1999 Medical Director of the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Pediatric Hospital Zurich.
- Since 1999 Board Member of the "Foundation for the promotion of bone marrow transplantation", Ebmatingen, Switzerland.
- Since 2007 Own Practice specializing in Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology and Neonatology.
- 1998 Adalbert Czerny Award of the German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) M1 Privatklinik AG
Department of Hematology and Oncology.
Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.