Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich
Department of Pediatric Cardiology (360777)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department specializes in the diagnostics of congenital and acquired heart diseases and diseases of the cardiovascular system. The competent team of the department has the very latest high-precision diagnostic methods that help to identify pathologies in children at the earliest stages and even in the womb. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Heiko Stern.
The primary goal of the department is early detection of potentially dangerous changes in the cardiac system. Some disorders of the heart rhythm can have harmless causes. However, in any case, a thorough specialized diagnosis is required.
Young patients often complain about pressure of the chest or chest pain. This could be a case of inflammatory heart disease or tension of the spine or asthmatic symptoms.
To diagnose congenital and acquired heart diseases, the department uses advanced high-precision methods of early diagnosis, which makes it possible to prevent the development of the disease at the initial stage.
In addition, the department offers early prenatal diagnostics. Diagnostics of the heart and blood vessels of the fetus in the womb with the help of a precision ultrasound device allows to thoroughly examine the structure of the heart and detect more than 200 types of defects. The rich practical experience of cardiologists in diagnosing fetal heart pathologies even during pregnancy makes it possible not to waste precious time and start treatment already in the first hours of a newborn's life.
For the treatment of heart diseases, both surgical and conservative methods can be used. For example, heart valve diseases mostly require surgery, while in case of heart rhythm disorders, appropriate medicines should be prescribed.
The most common clinical pictures in the field of pediatric cardiology are:
- Coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Vegetative vascular dysfunction
- Heart valve pathologies
- Congenital acquired heart defects
- Heart murmurs
- High or low blood pressure
- Kawasaki disease
The range of diagnostic services of the department includes:
- Long-term ECG monitoring
- Blood pressure measurement
- Measurement of blood oxygen levels
- Bicycle ergometry
- Holter monitoring
- Non-invasive blood pressure monitoring
- And many other examination methods
- 1974 Study of Medicine at the University of Mainz.
- 1981 Medical License.
- 1984 Doctorate in human medicine.
- 1992 Habilitation at the Medical Faculty, TU Munich.
- 1991 Specialist in Pediatrics, Hamburg.
- 1992 Additional qualifications in Pediatrics and Neonatology.
- 2008 Qualified as a Doctor for adults with congenital heart defects.
- 1981 - 1984 Internal Cardiology at the University Hospital Mainz and the Medical Department of the LMU Munich.
- 1985 - 1987 and 1991 - 1993 Resident Physician at the German Heart Center Munich, Pediatric Cardiology.
- 1987 - 1991 General Pediatric Training at the Department of Pediatrics, TU Munich.
- Since 1989, Continuous scientific research in the field of magnetic resonance imaging in congenital heart defects.
- 1994 Senior Registrar at the Brompton Hospital London, Department of Pediatric Cardiology.
- 1994 - 1998 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Hamburg Eppendorf.
- Since 1994, Lectureship in Pediatric Cardiology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg.
- Since 1998, Medical Practice in Pediatric Cardiology, Gauting Associated Practice for adults with congenital heart defects in Starnberg.
- Since 2007, Practice of Prof. Frey.
- Since 1999 Founder and Senior Member of the Working Group on Magnetic Resonance Imaging at the Department for Congenital Heart Defects at the German Heart Center, Munich.
Photo of the doctor: (c) M1 Privatklinik AG
Department of Pediatric Cardiology.
Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.