Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology (360801)
Specialized in: pediatric gastroenterology
About the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology at Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich
The Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology at the Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, digestive system, pancreas, gallbladder and liver. All examinations are conducted by highly competent doctors with many years of experience, which guarantees excellent quality of medical services. The department is headed by Dr. Marion Eckert.
The department deals with the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents who suffer from pain due to food intake, diarrhea, vomiting, too frequent or painful bowel movements, abdominal pain, constipation, bloating and nausea. In addition, the department specializes in developmental disorders, in which weight gain does not correspond to growth.
Quite often specialists of the department have to deal with food intolerance (celiac disease – gluten intolerance) or impaired digestion of carbohydrate elements, such as lactose, fructose and sorbitol.Also, the department’s scope of tasks includes both diagnostics and treatment of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases, for example, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
The main component of therapy is the regulation of nutrition according to a special diet plan. Thus, it is possible to control both child’s growth and weight. In many cases, drug therapy is used. The doctor selects the necessary drug or combination of several drugs for each child individually, taking into account the specific clinical situation.
Curriculum vitae of Dr. Marion Eckert
- 1989 - 1995 Study of Biology at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Diploma of Biologist.
- 1992 - 2000 Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 PhD defense, Academic Degree.
- 2004 Category A Diploma in Acupuncture, German Society of Acupuncturists.
- 2007 Additional training, Emergency Physician, Medical Specialist in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
- 2009 Additional Qualification in Psychosomatic Medicine.
- 2010 Travel Medicine Certificate.
- Since July 2011, Leading Specialist in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- Medical practice at the Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital at the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich.
- 2001 - 2007 Medical practice in the Department of General Pediatrics, Intensive Care, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- 2007 - 2009 Medical practice in the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital at the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich.
- 2009 Medical practice in the Department of Pediatric Palliative Care at the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich.
- 1996 Massage training at the School of Healing Arts, San Diego, USA.
- 2004 Hypnosis training with Dan Kohen (pediatric hypnosis therapy), USA.
- 2010 Travel Medicine Certificate.
- 2000 - 2007 Internship at the Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital.
- 2007 - 2011 Additional Qualification in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Palliative Care at the Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) M1 Privatklinik AG
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology.
Pediatric Diagnostic Hospital M1 Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.