Clinic for Plastic Surgery Eduardus Cologne
Department of Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Hand and Breast Surgery (301970)
Specialized in: plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic surgery, hand and breast surgery
About the department
Department of Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Hand and Breast Surgery, headed by Dr. med. Alfons Erdmann, covers the whole range of the modern plastic surgery – from microsurgery and the aesthetic surgery to the reconstructive treatment after cancer as well as hand surgery. For this purpose, all commonly used treatment methods (including microsurgery and endoscopy) and a state-of-the-art infrastructure are available in the Clinic for Plastic Surgery Eduardus.
In the field of the Aesthetic Surgery, the Department under the lead of Dr. med. Alfons Erdmann specializes in the modern treatment modalities of the face, nose, ears and breast. In addition, the Clinic offers liposuction of all problem zones (fat removal), aesthetic treatments with different methods such as botulin toxin, hyaluronic acid / filler as well as lipofilling with injections of the patient's own body fat / Microfat lipofilling. The range of services also includes removal of the sweat glands in case of hyperhidrosis as well as a non-operating treatment option.
The Department places great value on the Reconstructive surgery. In this respect, one of the central themes is nose reconstruction and nose surgery. Diverse surgical methods are applied. The Clinic is most likely the only one place in Germany, where the free microvascular tissue transfer of skin and cartilage tissue from the ear pinna to the nose wings can be performed. Furthermore, the reconstructive treatment is provided in case of skin tumors such as basaliomas, squamous cell carcinomas and melanomas. Further treatment options cover trunk / buttocks (inter alia, in case of abdominal wall hernia and decubitus) and extremities.
Dr. med. Alfons Erdmann has particular expertise in the breast surgery. In this field, the Clinic offers most innovative perforator flap plastic surgery. During this procedure, the smallest vessels are discovered and carefully scraped out with the aid of a magnifying glass or microscope. Depending upon the surgery needs, the most appropriate flap plastic is determined with the patient. Furthermore, the Clinic also treats congenital abnormalities of the breast / tubular breast. In this field, transplantation of the patient's own tissue is also available.
Furthermore, the Department of Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Hand and Breast Surgery treats all diseases and conditions of the hand and wrist. Modern diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities (e.g., wrist arthroscopy) are available in the treatment of hand tumors. In case of a malignant tumor, besides the radical oncological treatment the preservation of hand function plays always an important role.
In the Clinic for Plastic Surgery Eduardus, a variety of flap plasty techniques is available for treatment of defects / injuries of soft tissues. If a simple skin graft is not feasible, modern microsurgical techniques for aesthetic and functional rehabilitation are used. In this case, the flap is dissected from the donor area with the aid of a magnifying glass or microscope. The supplying blood vessels are removed and then connected to the vessels in the area of soft-tissue loss and thus „microvascular” transplanted. Such surgeries require an intensive preoperative planning.
Another focus of the Clinic lies on the reconstructive surgery including microsurgical techniques. Depending on surgical requirements, Dr. med. Alfons Erdmann can fall back not only on an appropriate experience but also on all required resources such as operating microscope, magnifying glasses or micro-instrumentation.
The full range of services of the Clinic for Plastic Surgery Eduardus encompasses the following areas:
- Aesthetic Surgery
- Fat removal
- Aesthetic treatments
- Removal of the sweat glands in case of hyperhidrosis
- Hand Surgery
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Nerve congestion syndromes
- Scar contracture
- Hand tumors
- Primary and secondary forms of the Arthrose
- Wrist surgery
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Flap plasty techniques in case of defects/injuries of soft tissues
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Skin tumor (Basal cell carcinoma)
- Tissue defects of the nose
- Nasal septum perforation
- Nasal breathing disorders
- Facial paralysis and asymmetry
- Malformations of the ear
- Trunk / glutei
- Breast surgery
- Reconstruction after mamma carcinoma
- Congenital abnormalities of the breast / tubular breast
- Mamma hyperplasia
- Sternal wound infections after heart surgery
- Breast abnormalities in men / Gynecomastia
- Study at the Medical Faculty of Cologne University
- Defense of a doctoral thesis on a theme "Polycythemia true red (P.v.) and poliglobulins (P.G.) – determination of the incidence of apoptosis in the bone marrow by means of in situ end labeling (ISEL)" under the guidance of prof. Dr. med. J. Thiele, Pathological Institute of Cologne University.
- Professional training in "General Surgery" at the Department of General Surgery and Traumatology at the Marienkrankenhaus Hospital in Bergisch Gladbach. Supervisors: Dr. med. H. Petersen and privat-docent Dr. med. J. Schroeder
- Certification in surgery
- Medical assistant in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Burn Surgery at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen (RWTH Aachen University). Director: prof. Dr. N. Pallois
- Medical assistant in the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery, Marcus Hospital, Frankfurt. Head Physician: Private Associate Professor Dr. med. C. Exner
- Certification in cosmetic and aesthetic surgery. Senior physician of hand surgery, microsurgery and reconstructive breast surgery in Marienhospital, Stuttgart.Head of Department: prof. Dr. med. M. Groelich
- Senior physician of the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Main-Taunus District. Head physician Prof. Dr. med. M. Sauerbir
- Additional certification in hand surgery.
Department of Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Hand and Breast Surgery.
Clinic for Plastic Surgery Eduardus Cologne:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home