Preventicum Diagnostic Сlinic Essen
Department of Gastroenterology (114087)
Specialized in: gastroenterology
The Department of Gastroenterology at the Preventicum Diagnostic Clinic deals with the diagnosis of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, which often lead to severe clinical pictures and unclear symptoms. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Philip Hilgard.
The specialists of the department explain the causes of diseases of the digestive organs in detail. In addition, the department offers comprehensive prevention of bowel cancer and a series of specialized consultations for diagnosis and treatment of specific diseases.
The main diseases that can be diagnosed by the department are: diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of unknown origin, increased liver function, chronic liver diseases, infections caused by Helicobacter, hepatitis, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, food intolerance, diseases of the pancreas and biliary tract.
The diagnostic capabilities of the Department of Gastroenterology include:
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Bowel cancer prevention
- Ablation for polyps and precancerous conditions
- Histological examination
- Breathing tests to detect lactose / fructose intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome diagnosis
- Fibroscopy to determine liver elasticity
- Comprehensive stool test (in collaboration with specialized laboratories)
- Intragastric pH-metry for measuring gastric acid
- Essen, Germany