Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology (303022)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric neurosurgery, neurology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the comprehensive diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the nervous system. The tasks of the department's doctors also include rehabilitation of patients with neurological pathologies. Thanks to the modern infrastructure and the progressive equipment of the department, most operations can be performed using sparing minimally invasive techniques. In addition, the surgical treatment involves the use of neuromonitoring systems, which increases the safety of interventions in functionally important areas of the brain. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Krishna Choudhary.
The department has the necessary ultramodern equipment for the most accurate diagnostics. It carries out such examinations as electroencephalography, electromyography, EEG monitoring in epilepsy, magnetic resonance imaging, spiral computed tomography/3D CT, etc.
To treat chronic pathologies, such as Parkinson's disease, headaches, brain tumors, the team of the department’s doctors uses advanced methods and innovative procedures. The specialists have excellent experience in minimally invasive skull base surgery. In this case, operations are performed through small incisions about 0.5-1 cm as opposed to long incisions in conventional surgery.
Epilepsy is one of the most common neurological diseases. The highly specialized team of doctors assesses the patient's health and identifies the cause of the attack using complex diagnostic methods. To control the frequency and severity of epileptic seizures, the specialists develop an individual treatment plan.
The treatment of Parkinson's disease is among the department's priorities as well. The pathology is a brain dysfunction, which affects the ability to move and causes tremors, loss of balance, cramps and other symptoms. The doctors use a wide range of medical and surgical techniques for the treatment of this disease.
The department's neurosurgeons are involved in the treatment of pathologies of the nervous system in infants, young children and adolescents. To examine young patients, the department has MRI and CT for the whole body scanning and obtaining high-resolution images of the brain. The department's experts mostly treat hydrocephalus, brain tumors, meningocele/encephalocele, congenital malformations of the nervous system and spinal dysraphia.
Both adults and young patients require the effective rehabilitation after treatment. A specially trained team of rehabilitologists provides each patient with an individual program, which helps to restore mobility. The nutritionists work with patients as well. The department provides training sessions for patients with epilepsy and stroke, as well as for their family members.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of Parkinson's disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of brain tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of headaches (migraine, cluster headache, tension headache)
- Diagnostics and treatment of traumatic brain injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of cerebral hemorrhages
- Diagnostics and treatment of ischemic stroke
- Diagnostics and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia
- Diagnostics and treatment of acoustic neuroma
- Diagnostics and treatment of aneurysms/arteriovenous malformations of the brain
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of sleep disorders
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of hydrocephalus
- Diagnostics and treatment of brain tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of meningocele
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital malformations of the nervous system
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal dysraphism
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Krishna Choudhary
Dr. med. Krishna Choudhary heads the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. During his clinical practice, he performed many complex neurosurgical interventions, including operations to instal auditory brainstem implant. Of particular interest to the doctor is endoscopic brain and spinal surgery, skull base surgery, microdiscectomy, endoscopic treatment of brain hemorrhage, treatment of brain and spinal cord injuries, stereotactic surgery in deep brain lesions.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
- Master in General Surgery, Medical College, Agra.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners in Neurosurgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Neurological Society of India.
- Neurosurgical Society of India.
- Indian Medical Association.
- 1993 American ECFMG Examination.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.