Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oncology (303029)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oncology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oncology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi offers the full range of modern services in the diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases. It performs all types of cancer surgeries, including radical operations, complex reconstructions, organ-preservation surgeries and minimally invasive interventions. The department has state-of-the-art infrastructure, namely a well-equipped operating room, intensive care unit and postoperative recovery unit. The specialists of the department deal with the treatment of both adults and children. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Manav Rakshak.
The department provides not only surgical treatment, but also chemotherapy, as well as radiation therapy. Chemotherapy drugs are prepared in a separately designated area under laminar air flow to ensure safety of patients and medical staff. Chemotherapy is often prescribed along with surgery, radiation therapy or biological therapy. The specialists also have at their disposal modern and highly efficient Blood Bank offering its services round the clock.
The department also offers non-invasive cancer treatment with the use of High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU). The HIFU technology does not cause damage to the surrounding tissue and organs, as well as eliminates the need for incisions, infusions and general anesthesia. Thus, this treatment method allows the patient to return to his normal life within a shorter time period.
In addition, the department regularly holds interdisciplinary tumor boards, during which doctors discuss the individual patient cases and develop optimal treatment plans.
The department's service range includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Head and neck tumors
- Laryngectomy (removal of the larynx with a subsequent reconstruction)
- Parotidectomy (removal of the parotid gland)
- Maxillectomy (removal of the upper jaw with a subsequent reconstruction)
- Thyroidectomy (removal of the thyroid gland)
- Radical neck dissection
- Complex flap reconstructions
- Urological cancers
- Radical nephrectomy
- Kidney-preserving surgery
- Radical cystectomy
- Bladder-preserving surgery
- Radical prostatectomy
- Total and partial penectomy
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Surgeries to treat esophageal cancer
- Surgeries to treat stomach cancer
- Whipple's procedure
- Surgeries to treat liver cancer
- Surgeries to treat gallbladder and pancreatic cancer
- Surgeries to treat colon, rectal and small bowel cancers
- Cancer of the female genital organs
- Surgeries to treat cervical cancer
- Radical hysterectomy
- Radical vulvectomy
- Breast cancer
- Breast-preserving surgeries in breast cancer
- Radical and modified radical mastectomies
- Immediate and delayed breast reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction using silicone expanders and implants, etc.
- Other therapeutic options for breast cancer treatment
- Surgeries to treat bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Lung cancer surgery
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
Dr. med. Manav Rakshak has over 20 years of experience in oncology. After a three-year internship at the renowned Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (IRCH) in New Delhi, he was engaged in private practice. He took an active part in tumor boards, particularly, on gynecologic oncology, head and neck tumors, urological cancers.
Of particular interest to Dr. Rakshak are chemotherapy on an outpatient basis and intensive care in cancers.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oncology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.