Diagnosis and treatment for tinnitus (program ID: 323565)
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Ankush SayalSpecialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- otorhinolaryngological examination:
- Dix-Hallpike testing
- nystagmus testing:
- spontaneous nystagmus
- positional nystagmus
- artificial nystagmus testing
- speech audiometry
- eustachian tube testing
- testing of blood pressure and buzzing
for tinnitus examination
- otoacoustic emission test
- brainstem audiometry
- VEMP testing
(Vestibular evoked Myogenic Potential)
- video head impulse testing
- eye movement testing
- CT of petrous pyramid
- contrast-enhanced MR
imaging on labyrinth in 3D
- intravenous vascular drugs
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- explanation of future recommendations
- written statement
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the widest range of diagnostics and treatment of ENT diseases, including cochlear implantation. The department employs highly qualified otolaryngologists, audiologists and speech therapists who work for the benefit of each patient and provide them with effective medical care. The excellent reputation of the department is also facilitated by the ultramodern technical base and the availability of innovative treatments. The department is headed by Dr. med. Ankush Sayal.
Hearing loss can significantly affect the person's quality of life. The department has state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, which allows to detect and analyze the causes of hearing problems, as well as to develop the optimal treatment plan. The main diagnostic techniques include audiogram, tympanogram, special tests for the detection of imbalance and dizziness, electron histogram, etc.
The most modern and effective treatment method of serious hearing impairments is cochlear implantation. Cochlear implants are electronic devices, which improve the perception of sounds in people with hearing impairments or deafness. Unlike hearing aids, a cochlear implant does not amplify sound, but works by directly stimulating the auditory nerve fibers inside the cochlea using an electric field. The department's specialists are fluent in cochlear implantation in adults and children, as well as in effective postoperative rehabilitation.
The department's doctors also specialize in middle ear surgery, which is used for the treatment of hearing impairments, infectious diseases, deformities and tumors, as well as inner ear surgery aimed at the improvement of sound transmission from the ear to the auditory cortex. In addition, the department treats hearing impairment using the very latest digital hearing aids, which give patients the opportunity to restore their hearing and return to normal life.
The department's competence also includes the treatment of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses, including sinusitis. Most patients with sinusitis can get rid of the disease by means of antibacterial drugs, nasal drops, sprays or tablets. In rare cases, the patients with severe sinusitis may require surgery. The department's surgeons perform endoscopic operations on the paranasal sinuses, which do not require incisions in the face and oral cavity.
The department deals with the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and snoring accompanying this pathology. Every person needs a healthy sleep, therefore, the experienced doctors of the department make every effort to improve the quality of life of patients.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- ENT surgery
- Throat microsurgery
- Middle ear surgery
- Inner ear surgery
- Endoscopic paranasal sinus surgery
- Vocal cord surgery
- Cochlear implantation in adults and children
- Implantation of modern hearing aids
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the vestibular system (otoneurology)
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the larynx, vocal cords
- Diagnostics and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
- Diagnostics and treatment of speech defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children, including the removal of adenoids and treatment of ear infections
- Other medical services
Dr. med. Ankush Sayal is well-known otolaryngologist who heads the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. The doctor received Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, as well as Master at the Maulana Azad Medical College, and worked at the Lok Nayak and G.B Pant Hospital. He underwent training in Europe (Austria) under the guidance of Prof. Stammberger known as a pioneer in functional endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses and skull base. There he gained invaluable experience in applying the very latest technologies in ear surgery, including cochlear implantation and operations on the throat and vocal cords. He became the Gold Medalist DNB and was certified by the National Examinations Council.
Special Areas of Specialization
- Hearing loss and ear infections.
- Congenital diseases of the outer and inner ear.
- Diseases of the throat and nose.
- Diseases of the paranasal sinuses.
- Cochlear implantation.
- Nasal breathing problems due to the nasal septum curvature.
- Voice and swallowing disorders.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Delhi Medical Council.
- All India Rhinology Society.
- Indian Association of Phonosurgeons.
- National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India.