Priv.-Doz., Dr. med. Wolfgang GaletkeCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
School and professional development
- from 1970 to 1983: primary school; gymnasium in Essen
- 1983: passed final school examination
- 1984: started studies at the Faculty of Medicine of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU)
- from 1984 to 1986: civil service at the Marienhospital hospital in Essen-Altenessen
- from 1986 to 1992: continued education at the Faculty of Medicine of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU)
- 1992: state examination and approbation to work as a medical doctor
- from 1992 to 1993: Medical Assistant Apprentice in the Department of Pulmonary and Bronchial Diseases at Hospital St. Elizabeth in Dorsten (chief doctor: Dr. Wolf)
- from 1994 to 1999: Assistant Doctor in the Medical Department of the Miners Hospital in Bottrop (Chief Physician: Dr. Schilling)
- 1995: awarding the degree of Doctor of Science at the Faculty of Medicine of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU)
- 1998: certified primary care physician.
- с 1999 to 2003: physician assistant/functional senior physician at the Ambroke Hagen Clinic, Department of Pulmonology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine (Chief Physician: Prof. Dr. Rühle)
- 2000: achievement of qualification in main specialization "pulmonology"
- from 2003 to 2009: leading senior physician at the hospital Bethanien in Solingen, Pulmonology and Allergology Department, sleep and resuscitation medicine center (chief doctor: Prof. Dr. Randerat)
- 2006: awarded qualification in additional specialization "Allergology"
- 2007: awarded qualification in additional specialization "Sleep Medicine"
- 2008: obtaining a post of assistant professorship in the specialty "Therapy" at the University of Witten-Herdecke
- from 01.11.2009: chief physician of Pulmonology, Cardiology, Allergology, Sleep Medicine and Resuscitation Medicine Department at the St. Augustine Hospital in Cologne
- Certificate "Expert assessment of interrelations in industrial accidents" of the German Society of Industrial Medicine and Environmental Medicine
- Transfusion medicine
- European Respiratory Society – ERS
- German Therapeutics Alliance (BDI)
- German Society of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine (DGP)
- German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM)
- German Interdisciplinary Community for Community-Based Resuscitation (DIGAB)
- The North Rhine-Westphalia Sleep Medicine Society (NRM-GSM)
- Union of Pulmonary Clinics (VPK)
- West German Society of Pulmonology (WdGP)
- Deputy Director of the Institute of Pulmonology Bethanien, Solingen
- Speaker of the working group on apnea DGSM
- Head of the DGSM Self-Help Commission
- Member of the Commission on Excipients DGSM
- Member of the conference under S3 directives "Sleep that does not bring rest" DGSM
- President of the 22nd Annual Meeting of DGSM in December 2014 in Cologne
- Member of the Supervisory Board of journals "Respiration", "Somnologie", "Lung", "Sleep and Breathing"
- Publisher of the specialized journal "Somnologie"