Rehabilitation Clinic Bavaria Zscheckwitz Kreischa
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation (251169)
Specialized in: pediatric neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation is treats all children, adolescents and young adults suffering from the effects of an acute injury or illness or a chronic disorder of the nervous system or muscles. After meeting with patient or their parents, the interdisciplinary treatment team determines the principal goals of rehabilitation for each patient and matched the therapies individually.
The clinic can treat the following diagnoses rehabilitatively:
- Traumatic brain injury and multiple injuries (polytrauma)
- Spinal cord injury with paraplegia
- Hypoxic brain damage
- Inflammation of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system
- Brain or spinal cord tumors
- Cerebral hemorrhage non-traumatic cause and cerebral infarctions
- Cerebral palsy
- Sequelas of congenital malformations of the brain or spinal cord (eg, spina bifida)
- Hereditary degenerative diseases of the nervous system (eg. B. heredoataxia)
- Neuromuscular diseases (eg muscular dystrophies)
- Chronic headaches
After meeting with patient or their parents, the interdisciplinary treatment team determines the principal goals of rehabilitation for each patient and matched the therapies individually. For many patients, a special focus is regaining or improving independence in daily life. After acute brain injury, linguistic and cognitive rehabilitation are very important in order to achieve the best possible re-integration into school or training.
- 1981 -1998: Study of Human Medicine, Universities of Bochum, Vienna and Göttingen
- 1987 Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Specialisation Medicine
- Academic Degree Master of Science (M.Sc.) Specialisation Biology with a primary focus in Neurobiology, Universities of Giessen and Bochum
- Neurological and pediatric rehabilitation
- Intensive care neurology
- Behavioural therapy
Main Clinical Focuses
- Rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Clinical neuropsychology
Main Research Focuses
- Treatment for upper extremity hemiplegia in children
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Clinic Bavaria Zscheckwitz Kreischa:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home