Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing
Department of Neurology and Neurological Rehabilitation (323915)
Specialized in: neurology, neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Neurology and Neurological Rehabilitation at rehabilitation clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing (Neurological Center Tutzing-Feldafing) under the direction of Prof. Dr. Dirk Sander provides both urgent and rehabilitative care to neurological patients. Another priority is medical care, where patients after stroke receive treatment by specially trained medical staff. In general, the Department provides a complete range of care services for all neurological diseases.
The Department conducts diagnostics and emergency therapy of all diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system in the field of emergency neurology. It includes the treatment of neurological diseases requiring intensive therapy, as well as treatment of the whole spectrum of acute and chronic neurological diseases. Thanks to close cooperation with the Departments of Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Vascular Surgery, Intensive care and the Radiological center located in the clinic, as well as modern equipment, optimal neurological services are provided.
Another direction of the Department is early rehabilitation. The Department provides treatment of all congenital and acquired diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscular system. At the same time, the success of rehabilitation depends on how early the specific program starts and adapts to individual needs of the patient. The sooner the better. The therapeutic spectrum of the clinic includes the latest treatment methods, such as physiotherapy, sports and kinesitherapy, ergotherapy, speech and swallowing therapy, neuropsychology and psychology.
Of course, the department guarantees high quality of supervision and care of patients after acute stroke. To provide this guarantee, the clinic has an interdisciplinary team consisting of neurologists, internists, anesthesiologists, specially trained nursing staff and therapists (ergo-, physio- and speech therapists). In addition, neurological specialist is ready to assist the patients round-the-clock. The stroke unit, which has been headed by professor, doctor of medicine Dirk Zander since July 2015, is the official regional certified center for treatment of strokes.
The main priorities of neurological rehabilitation include:
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Inflammatory diseases of nerves and brain, for example, meningitis, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Patients with severe myopathy and neuropathy
- All neurological motor disorders, for example, Parkinson's syndrome, cerebellar ataxia, dystonia
- Muscle inflammation and muscle paralysis (eg, after a herniated intervertebral disc)
- Rehabilitation after neurosurgical surgeries
- Diseases and injuries of the peripheral nervous system
- 1962 Born in Hildesheim
- 1981 Completed secondary education
- 1984 - 1990 Studied medicine at the University of Göttingen
- 1990 - 1998 Internship at the Rechts der Isar Clinic of the Technical University of Munich
- 1998 - 2006 Senior Physician and Chief Physician in the Neurology Department of the Technical University of Munich
- 1999 Dissertation on the subject "Neurology"
- Since 2003, has the title of "Visiting Professor" of the Medical Faculty of the Technical University of Munich
- 2006 - 2010 Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director of the Department of Neurology, Clinic MedicalPark, Loiple, Bischofswiesen
- Since 1 December 2010, the Chief Physician of the Department of Neurology at the Benedictus Krankenhaus Clinic
Department of Neurology and Neurological Rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home