Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation (323916)
Specialized in: orthopedic rehabilitation
About the department
According to the Focus, the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing ranks among the top German medical facilities in the restoration of patient's mobility after orthopedic interventions!
The department's medical team specializes in all modern rehabilitation measures for patients who have undergone knee, hip and shoulder surgery, herniated disc surgery and interventions for other diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The rehabilitation program is developed for each patient individually, which allows to restore the patient's mobility in the shortest possible time and eliminate postoperative pain. All the department's specialists, including the nursing staff, are distinguished by high professionalism, and also make every effort to ensure that the rehabilitation of patients takes place in a pleasant and comfortable environment. The department is headed by Dr. med. Sonja Herzberg.
The basis of orthopedic rehabilitation is physiotherapy. In the course of rehabilitation, the doctors place a special focus on dosed physical activity. The intensity of the exercise is determined by the patient's specific clinical indications, his functional and mobility limitations. The patients perform all exercises under the strict supervision of experienced physiotherapists. Physical activity is complemented by manual therapy, manual lymphatic drainage, massages, electrotherapy, heat therapy and other highly effective physiotherapy procedures.
The next most important component of orthopedic rehabilitation is manual therapy. The essence of the method lies in the influence of the hands of a chiropractor on the patient's body. Depending on the patient's specific complaints, the chiropractor uses special hand movement techniques that match the anatomy of the affected area of the musculoskeletal system, for example, a joint or a vertebra. The department's team of rehabilitation physicians successfully uses manual therapy both to restore patient mobility and to relieve pain.
The department's specialists also have a large therapy pool for hydrotherapy. In most cases, this type of treatment is indicated for patients with spinal diseases, fractures and soft tissue injuries.
The department's team of rehabilitation physicians has a colossal clinical experience. The specialists competently combine all the methods of orthopedic rehabilitation for a fast reintegration of the patient into his usual professional, social and family environment.
The department specializes in such rehabilitation measures:
- Manual therapy
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Heat therapy
- Medical training therapy (MTT)
- Nordic walking
- Hydrotherapy (water cure)
- Other techniques
Higher Education and Professional Career
- 1987 - 1994 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1994 - 1996 Intern and Assistant Physician, Dr. Per Krueger Private Practice.
- 1996 - 2001 Highly specialized training in Internal Medicine and Neurology, Clinic Bad Heilbrunn.
- 11.2000 Board certification in Rehabilitation Medicine.
- 01.2001 Doctoral thesis. Thesissubject: "Videothoracoscopic lung biopsy in the diagnostics of interstitial lung diseases".
- 2001 Work at the Institute for Applied Sports and Preventive Medicine, Bernau-Felden.
- 2004 - 2006 Work in the Department of Spinal Surgery, SRH Klinikum Karlsbad-Langensteinbach.
- 03.2016 Board certification in Orthopedics.
- 2006 - 2007 Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Caritasklinik Bad Schönborn.
- 2007 - 2012 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedics at the RZI Rehazentrum Ingolstadt.
- 2012 - 2017 Chief Physician of the Center for Orthopedics, Rehabilitation and Preventive Medicine Bad Bocklet.
- Since 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.