Rehabilitation Clinic Schlossberg Bad Liebenzell
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation (654428)
Specialized in: orthopedic rehabilitation
About the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at Rehabilitation Clinic Schlossberg Bad Liebenzell
The Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Clinic Schlossberg Bad Liebenzell offers the full range of therapeutic and recovery procedures for patients with musculoskeletal disorders. The competence of the department's specialists also includes rehabilitation of patients after surgical interventions on the joints, spine, limb amputation, etc. All rehabilitation measures provided in the department are aimed at the rapid restoration of the patient's mobility and self-care ability. In appropriate clinical cases, one of the primary goals of orthopedic rehabilitation is also the patient's reintegration into his professional life. Each patient is provided with an individual rehabilitation program, which is elaborated taking into account a particular disease and its peculiar features, the patient's age and other important factors.The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Markus Wiedemann.
Upon admission to the clinic, the patient is provided with a comprehensive consultation, during which the doctor receives the necessary information from the patient regarding his clinical case, studies his anamnesis and carries out a clinical examination. The next step is the appointment of a complex of diagnostic tests for the patient. These diagnostic examinations will allow orthopedists and rehabilitation therapists to assess the patient's health, the functioning of the musculoskeletal system, psychological state and other important indicators. All the necessary examinations are carried out in the department's modern diagnostic rooms with the latest technologies. In most cases, prior to the appointment of a rehabilitation program, the patient undergoes various laboratory tests, electrocardiography, ultrasound scanning, radiography, etc. According to the diagnostic results obtained, the doctors determine the goals of rehabilitation, for the achievement of which they develop an individual stage-by-stage program of rehabilitation treatment. The duration and intensity of the rehabilitation measures depend on the complexity of the clinical case. The rehabilitation procedures can be provided both individually and in groups – the attending physician decides on the optimal training model.
Such methods as physiotherapy, ergotherapy, therapeutic exercises, massage, hydrotherapy and diet therapy are mandatory treatments of any rehabilitation program. All procedures are carried out under the strict supervision of professionals in their field, who control the correctness of the exercise, set an adequate intensity of training, motivate the patient and monitor his progress. The specialists competently combine all the available therapeutic options in order to guarantee the patient freedom of movements without pain.
Psychological care is an integral part of orthopedic rehabilitation as well. In most cases, psychologists work with each patient individually, but group therapy can also be provided. At the initial stage of work with the patient, the psychologist helps him to accept his disease and instills confidence in the successful outcome of rehabilitation, which strongly motivates the patient on his way to recovery. The specialist then teaches the patient some relaxation and stress management techniques. Special attention is also paid to the fight against bad habits – smoking, alcohol abuse. If necessary, psychologists also provide assistance to the patient's relatives and close ones.
The following diseases and conditions after surgical treatment are the indications for orthopedic rehabilitation in the department:
- Degenerative diseases of the spine and joints
- Inflammatory joint diseases
- Congenital and acquired spinal deformities
- Fibromyalgia syndrome
- Musculoskeletal injuries, including due to accidents
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Conditions after hip, knee and shoulder surgery
- Conditions after spinal interventions
- Other clinical indications
The department's range of diagnostic and therapeutic services includes:
- Musculoskeletal X-ray scanning
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound scanning
- Gait analysis
- Laboratory tests
- Craniosacral therapy
- Gait training on special simulators
- Kinesiology taping
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Manual therapy
- Neural mobilization
- Trigger point therapy
- Mulligan concept
- Progressive muscle relaxation technique
- Dorn method
- David Spine Concept
- Training for the restoration of household skills
- Motor function therapy for the restoration of gross and fine motor skills, coordination of movements (individually and in groups)
- Work related medical rehabilitation (MBOR) according Susan Isernhagen's concept
- Training for the restoration of fine motor skills of the hands and hand movements
- Sensorimotor training
- Training for the correction of posture defects according to Dr. Alois von Brügger's concept
- Therapeutic exercises for the training of the back muscles, gait and walking
- Physical therapy
- Local massage
- Connective tissue massage
- Reflexology foot massage
- Underwater shower massage
- Manual and hardware lymphatic drainage
- Interference streams
- Diadynamic therapy
- Magnet therapy
- Transcutaneous electroneurostimulation
- Diet therapy, including cooking classes in the special kitchen for patients
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Markus Wiedemann
- 1995 - 2001 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Tuebingen.
- Doctoral thesis defense on the subject: "Development of a sensor for measuring intra-articular pressure of the hip joint".
- 01.06.2004 Admission to medical practice, Medical Association of Baden-Württemberg.
- Since 07.2017 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Clinic Schlossberg Bad Liebenzell.
- 2014 - 2017 Senior Physician with management responsibilities, Department of Orthopedics, Sankt Rochus Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Schönborn.
- 2013 - 2014 Specialist in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the District Hospital Bergstrasse Heppenheim.
- 2012 Assistant Physician, focus on Sports Orthopedics, Joint Private Orthopedic Practice in Heidelberg.
- 2008 - 2011 Assistant Physician in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the District Hospital Bergstrasse Heppenheim.
- 2007 - 2008 Assistant Physician, shoulder and elbow surgery, ATOS Clinic Heidelberg.
- 2004 - 2007 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery and Traumatology, Clinic Bethesda Stuttgart.
- 2002 - 2004 Assistant Physician, Institute of Anatomy and Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Qualification in Social Medicine.
- Qualification in X-ray diagnostics of the musculoskeletal system.
Photo of the doctor: (c) cts Rehakliniken Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Clinic Schlossberg Bad Liebenzell:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.