Rehabilitation Clinic Waldbronn
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation (390933)
Specialized in: orthopedic rehabilitation
About the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at Rehabilitation Clinic Waldbronn
The Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation offers treatment of all diseases and functional disorders, in which rehabilitation therapy is possible. The department specializes in the rehabilitation after joint replacement surgery (shoulder, hip, knee, ankle), after open operations on the spine (spondylodesis, implantation of intervertebral disk endoprosthesis, etc.), treatment of other spinal and rheumatic diseases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Veihelmann.
An essential part of treatment in the Department of Therapy is pain therapy. The specialists of the department successfully eliminate pain syndromes caused by degenerative diseases, functional disorders, protrusions and intervertebral disc hernias, as well as by chronic pains in the spine or large and small joints. In addition, the Rehabilitation Clinic Waldbronn has the appropriate experience and technologies for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
Therapeutic options of the department:
- Minimally invasive X-ray surgery with the use of C-arm
- Special nutrition. Trainings on medical nutrition
- A wide range of physiotherapeutic procedures, including physiotherapy, sports therapy and balneophysical therapy
- Clinical psychology
- Occupational therapy (ergotherapy)
- Social counseling
Within the department, all services are offered on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. The treatment is consistent with all recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO).
The department’s spectrum of services includes the diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- Degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Postoperative treatment and rehabilitation after
- Orthopedic surgery
- Intervertebral disc surgery
- Corrective interventions on the joints
- Endoprosthetics (hip, knee and shoulder)
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Further treatment after
- Injuries due to accident
- Sports injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- Inflammatory rheumatic diseases of the spine and joint upon completion of the acute phase in
- Chronic polyarthritis
- Bechterew's disease
- Conditions after limb loss
- Training on handling prostheses and training on walking in amputations of the hip or lower leg
- Other diseases.
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Veihelmann
- 1987 Beginning of the Study of Medicine at the Albert Einstein University, Ulm.
- 1993 Further Education at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1993 Orthopedic surgery, Bellevue Hospital.
- 1994 New York University Medical Center, USA.
- 1994 Thesis Defense.
- 1994 - 1995 Department of Surgery/Traumatology at the Rechts der Isar Hospital, Technical University of Munich.
- 1996 Medical License.
- 1996 Fellow in the Department of Orthopedics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- 2000 Election to the Professional Council of Immunology/Rheumatology of the Society of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery (DGOOC).
- 2000 Outpatient counseling on spinal diseases in the Department of Orthopedics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- 2000 Outpatient counseling on osteological problems, Department of Internal Medicine III, Grosshadern Hospital.
- 2002 Certified Orthopedist.
- 2002 Venia Legendi by the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich with appointment to the post of PD.
- 2002 Senior Physician in the Department of Orthopedics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- 2004 Appointment to the post of the President of the German Society for Spine Treatment, Munich.
- 2006 Invitation to the post of Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedics, Waldbronn and Falkenburg, Bad Herrenalb, ACURA-RULAND Medical Group.
- Since 2007 Appointment to the post of Medical Director of the Department of Orthopedics, Bad Herrenalb, ACURA-RULAND Medical Group.
Photo of the doctor: (c) SRH Gesundheitszentren Nordschwarzwald GmbH
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Clinic Waldbronn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.