Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic RehaNova Cologne
Department of Neurorehabilitation (25941)
Specialized in: neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Neurorehabilitation at the RehaNova clinic encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of all neurological-neurosurgical clinical pictures as well as the related concomitant conditions and complications. In particular, the department specializes in brain infarcts ("strokes"), subarachnoid haemorrhages, brain traumas, polytrauma, anoxic brain damage, circulatory disorders of the brain, malignant and other neoplasms of the brain, infectious and parasitic diseases, meningitis, spinal abscesses, etc. Head physician of the department is Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Kathrin Gerbershagen.
In therapy, all target-oriented rehabilitation procedures and applications are used, mainly in the form of individual therapies. The conceptual foundation of the clinic is based on a consistent implementation of interdisciplinary teamwork. The philosophy of modern neurorehabilitation is based on the close, interdisciplinary integration of all professional groups in the rehabilitation process.
The therapeutic range of the department includes:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy (ergotherapie)
- Speech therapy
- The Bobath-concept (multidisciplinary rehabilitative approach in therapy and care of patients with diseases of the central nervous system)
In the RehaNova-Clinic special stations and areas have been established, in order to respond specifically to the individual clinical pictures and requirements of patients. These include an intensive care ward, protected ward, home ventilation respiratory center, center for the treatment and rehabilitation of people suffering from brain injury and paraplegia after an accident or illness as well as rehabilitation ward. In addition, the clinic offers a variety of special services including outpatient therapies, care for family members, therapy in a movement bath, swallowing diagnostics, spasticity treatment, deep brain stimulation (DBS), etc.
Great attention is paid to the care. Patients with the most severe neurological and neurosurgical disorders often require the most intensive monitoring and care in the early rehabilitation phase, while in the field of follow-up rehabilitation, relearning activities of daily living is a priority. The nursing teams work together with the doctors to promote the self-activities and independence of patients.
The range of medical and rehabilitation services of the department:
- Brain infarcts ("strokes"), subarachnoid haemorrhages
- Traumatic brain injury, polytrauma
- Anoxic brain damage, circulatory disorders of the brain
- Malignant and other neoplasms of the brain
- Infectious and parasitic diseases, meningitis, spinal abscesses,
- Injuries and diseases of the spine
- Guillain-Barré syndrome, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s syndrome
- Organic personality disorders
- 1993 - 1999 Study of Human Medicine at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, University of Hamburg
- 2000 Doctoral Degree
- 2000-2004 Assistant Doctor at the Department of Neurology of the Barmbek Clinic (Hamburg) and at the Department of Psychiatry at the Itzehoe Clinic.
- From 11/2004 Assistant Physician at the Department of Neurology and Palliative Medicine at the Merheim Clinic Cologne.
- 2005-2017 Medical Specialist in Neurology in Merheim Clinic, in her last position as Leading Senior Physician.
- Since 01/2018 Medical Director at the Department of Neurorehabilitation, Neurological Rehabilitation Klinik RehaNova Cologne
Department of Neurorehabilitation.
Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic RehaNova Cologne:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home