Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Ophthalmology (302947)
Specialized in: ophthalmology
The Department of Ophthalmology at the Samitivej (Sukhumvit) Hospital in Bangkok under the lead of M.D. Apiwat Pothikamjohn deals with diagnosis and treatment of all eye-related diseases, including pinguecula, pterygium, glaucoma, cataract, diabetic eye disease. The Department has internationally renowned physicians, who utilize state-of-the-art equipment to provide the best ophthalmological care.
Every single day, the team of certified ophthalmologists and nurses performs a wide range of ophthalmological treatments from routine vision check-ups and disease tests to glaucoma and cataract treatments. The Samitivej Hospital is proud to host one of most innovative eye clinics in Bangkok. Here, life-changing advanced laser surgeries including LASIK* and LASEK are performed on a daily basis.
Diagnostic and therapeutic modalities at the Department of Ophthalmology at the Samitivej Hospital in Bangkok:
- Visual acuity tests for eyeglasses or contact lens fitting
- Visual field tests to detect eye diseases or nervous system problems
- Diagnosis and treatment all eye-related diseases, including pinguecula, pterygium, glaucoma, cataract, diabetic eye disease
- Laser eye surgery including LASIK* and LASEK
- Corneal transplant surgery
- Cataract surgery using artificial lens and phacoemulsification equipment
- Glaucoma surgery
- Cross eyes (strabismus) corrective surgery
- Bangkok, Thailand