Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant (302962)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology, oncology, bone marrow transplant
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers the highly accurate diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of diseases of the hematopoietic system, solid malignancies in children. The department consults and treats patients between the ages of 1 and 25. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Suradej Hongeng.
The priority of the department's work is stem cell transplant. It is carried out by the experienced team of highly qualified experts, with the use of modern medical equipment and in strict accordance with the international standards. Bone marrow transplant serves for the treatment of such diseases as acute and chronic leukemia, aplastic anemia, various types of lymph node cancer, genetically determined diseases (for example, thalassemia). The department performs various types of bone marrow transplant, including allogeneic transplantation, transplantation from a haploidentical donor, histologically compatible unrelated donors, as well as autologous transplantation. To prevent infectious complications, the treatment rooms are equipped with the cutting-edge positive air pressure HEPA filters.
The department's services (particularly, chemotherapy) are also available for patients on an outpatient basis. In addition, young patients and their parents can discuss the treatment plan with pediatric hematologists and oncologists during special consultations. The department also carries out photopheresis, which is an innovative therapy for the prevention or treatment of graft-versus-host disease. This therapeutic manipulation can be indicated for children from 2 years old and with weight at least 10 kg.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer and various blood diseases in children
- Bone marrow transplant
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplant
- Autologous bone marrow transplant
- Transplantation from a haploidentical donor
- Transplantation from histologically compatible unrelated donors
- Follow-up monitoring after bone marrow transplant
- Blood transfusion, iron chelation therapy
- HLA complex determination in bone marrow transplant
- Other medical services
- 1987 Doctorate, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- 1991 Diploma of the Thai Board of Pediatrics.
- 1993 Diploma of the American Board of Pediatrics.
- 1996 Diploma of the American Board of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- 1993 - 1996 Fellowships in Hematology and Oncology, St.Jude Children Research Hospital, USA.
- 2011 Professorship, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.