Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin
Department of Rheumatology (278868)
Specialized in: rheumatology
About the department
The Department of Rheumatology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in this field. It provides the treatment of all systemic rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, collagenoses, vasculitides and spondyloarthropathy. The department also has a unique competence in osteology. Since 2011, the medical facility has been a certified Excellence Center in Osteology (certification by the German Society of Osteology). The department strictly adheres to all the requirements of professional societies, which is the key to a successful therapy result. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Rieke Alten.
The key fields of the department's clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (one of the most common inflammatory rheumatic diseases)
- Diagnostics and treatment of spondylitis (group of inflammatory rheumatic diseases affecting the spine, peripheral joints, ligaments)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterev's disease)
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis
- Reactive forms of arthritis and arthritis caused by the inflammatory bowel disease
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of collagenoses and vasculitides
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Systemic scleroderma
- Diagnostics and treatment of fibromyalgia and other rheumatic lesions of the soft tissues
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of other rheumatic pathologies
- 1973 Free University of Berlin
- 1974 Admission to medical practice, Berlin.
- 1975 Doctoral thesis, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich. Subject: "Ovarian development in a mouse model".
- 1984 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 1985 Board certification in Rheumatology.
- 1985 - 1989 Internships in Switzerland, USA and China.
- 1989 Board certification in Physiotherapy.
- 2001 Additional qualifications in Sports Medicine.
- 2005 Additional qualifications in Osteology (German Society of Osteology).
- 1974 - 1975 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Immunobiology, University of Zurich.
- 1975 - 1984 Research Fellow, Internal Medicine, Free University of Berlin.
- 1975 - 1984 Department of Internal Medicine (focus on rheumatism treatment), Immanuel Hospital, Berlin.
- Since 1990 Senior Physician of the Department of Rheumatology and Physiotherapy at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- 1999 - 2004 Expansion of the Department of Rheumatology, Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine in the Müritz Hospital (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern).
- Since 2006 Chief Physician of the Department of Rheumatology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 1987 - 1991 Vice President of the Berlin Medical Association.
- Since 1992 German Society of Rheumatology (Scientific Advisory Board), Chairman of the Public Relations Commission.
- Since 1998 President of the Society of Psychosomatics in Rheumatology.
- 1999 - 2004 Member of the Institute for Drug Research at BMGS.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Schlosspark-Klinik GmbH
Department of Rheumatology.
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.