Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin
Department of Neurology (278870)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with acute and chronic diseases of the nervous and muscular systems. The highly qualified team of neurologists is proud of extremely successful results in the treatment of stroke, neuromuscular diseases, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, dizziness and imbalance. The patients with stroke receive medical care within the modern Stroke Unit. It is worth noting that the department is a member of the Berlin Stroke Alliance, and also cooperates with experts in neurosurgery and neuroradiology from specialized departments of the hospital.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Lempert. According to the well-known Tagesspiegel Gesundheitsstadt Berlin newspaper, the doctor ranks among the top experts in Berlin specializing in the treatment of dementia, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and stroke.
The department uses all modern methods of clinical neurophysiology, including video-oculography and cortical transcranial magnetic stimulation.
The great benefit of the department is the ability to undergo a physiotherapy program during inpatient or outpatient treatment. The individually developed physiotherapeutic programs include sets of exercises for training the balance and back muscles, Bobath therapy, massages, ergotherapy, art therapy, etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of stroke
- Diagnostics and treatment of motor disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Essential tremor
- Gait abnormalities
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of myasthenia gravis
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness and imbalance
- Positional vertigo
- Vestibular neuritis
- Meniere's disease
- Dizziness caused by migraine
- Cerebral circulatory disorders
- Syncope caused by hypotension
- Dizziness caused by psychosomatic disorders
- All types of gait abnormality
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological disorders
- 1979 - 1985 Study of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin.
- 1983 Internship in the USA, University of Arizona.
- 1986 American State Examination, Clinical Part.
- 1987 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1986 - 1987 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- 1987 - 1989 Internship in the Department of Neurology, Grosshadern Hospital, Munich.
- 1989 - 1990 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Virchow.
- 1992 - 1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Psychiatry, Vivantes Am Urban Hospital Berlin.
- 1993 - 1994 Senior Physician, Department of Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Virchow.
- 1994 - 1996 Research Internship in the Human Movement and Balance Unit at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London.
- 1997 Habilitation.
- 1996 - 2003 Senior Physician, Department of Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Virchow.
- Since 2003 Chief Physician of the Department of Neurology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Schlosspark-Klinik GmbH
Department of Neurology.
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.