Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin
Department of Foot Surgery (278873)
Specialized in: foot surgery
About the department
The Department of Foot Surgery at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin offers the full range of medical services in this field. Particular focus is on the surgical correction of foot deformities. All interventions are performed in well-equipped operating rooms, in strict accordance with international surgical standards. Prior to treatment, the doctors carry out extensive consultations and X-ray diagnostics, which allow them to select the optimal therapeutic technique. The medical team aims to provide the patient with high-quality medical services and improve his quality of life, as pain in the foot is often associated with a significant limitation of a person's motor function.
The department is headed by Dr. med. Cornelius Salich. Thanks to his qualifications and successful long-term clinical practice, the specialist was awarded with the certificate of Expert Physician of the German Society for Foot Surgery. In addition, the prestigious Tagesspiegel Gesundheitsstadt Berlin newspaper recommends the doctor as the best specialist in hallux valgus treatment.
Depending on the complexity of the clinical case, surgery can be performed both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. In the case of inpatient treatment, the patient usually stays in the hospital for 2-3 days. Upon the operation completion, an X-ray examination is mandatory for the monitoring of the result of the intervention, and the patient will be prescribed a special course of physiotherapy for the restoration of foot mobility.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgical correction of hallux valgus
- Surgical correction of hallux rigidus
- Surgical correction of hammer toes
- Surgical correction of Taylor deformation
- Surgical treatment of Morton's neuroma
- Surgical treatment of Haglund's syndrome
- Surgical treatment of other foot diseases and deformities
Education and Professional Career
- 1977 - 1983 Study of Human Medicine at the Medical Academy in Katowice.
- 1980 - 1989 Assistant and Visiting Teacher at the Medical Academy in Katowice.
- 1985 - 1990 Assistant Physician in the Department of General and Vascular Surgery at the Medical Academy in Katowice.
- 1990 Board certification in Surgery, Central Institute for Continuing Education and Training in Katowice.
- 1991 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1991 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Salzhausen Hospital.
- 1992 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Berlin.
- 1992 Senior Physician, Department of Surgery, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Berlin.
- 1994 Additional qualification in Emergency Care.
- 2001 Specialization in Abdominal Surgery.
- 2001 Senior Physician and Permanent Deputy Chief Physician of the Department of Surgery at the St. Elizabeth Hospital in Berlin.
- 2005 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- 2013 Work in the Department of Foot Surgery at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- Since 2014 Chief Physician of the Department of Foot Surgery at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- Certified Surgeon of the Germany Society of Foot Surgery (GFFC e.V.).
Department of Foot Surgery.
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.