Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology (603240)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology, neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The competence of the department's doctors includes modern imaging diagnostic tests, as well as imaging-guided interventional therapeutic procedures. The department has state-of-the-art medical equipment, which allows the doctors to obtain the most accurate diagnostic results. The department's specialists cooperate closely with other medical disciplines within the hospital. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Annette Förschler.
In the field of diagnostic radiology, the main focus is on computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and angiography. In addition to the diagnostics of the condition of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs, the department specializes in the diagnostics of the central and peripheral nervous systems, as well as of the heart.
The team of interventional radiologists is involved in CT-guided biopsy of various organs and pain therapy for chronic back pain.
The department has advanced systems for angiography, including minimally invasive procedures for the restoration of patency of blood vessels in case of stenoses and thromboses. Another focus of the specialists' work is the prevention and treatment of strokes, as well as the treatment of vascular malformations.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Computed tomography, including cardiac CT
- Magnetic resonance imaging, including cardiac MRI
- Interventional radiology
- CT-guided biopsy
- Pain therapy for chronic back pain
- Tumor embolization
- CT and MRI of the brain and spinal cord
- Endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms
- Endovascular treatment of cerebral and spinal vascular malformations
- Mechanical thrombectomy
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Education and Professional Career
- 1994 - 2001 Study of Human Medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 2002 - 2003 Internship, Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Mitte.
- 2003 Admission to medical practice.
- 2003 - 2007 Advanced training, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Leipzig.
- 2007 Scientific Work at the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology, Leipzig.
- 2007 - 2008 Advanced training, Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 03.2008 Board certification in Radiology.
- Since 01.04.2008 Senior Physician of the Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- Head of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin.
- Functional imaging methods and their integration into clinical practice.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Schlosspark-Klinik GmbH
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology.
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.