Specialized Rehabilitation Clinic Jägerwinkel Bad Wiessee
Department of General Therapeutic, Cardiac, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation after COVID-19 (696091)
Specialized in: general therapeutic, сardiac, сancer rehabilitation and rehabilitation after COVID-19
About the Department of General Therapeutic, Cardiac, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation after COVID-19 at Specialized Rehabilitation Clinic Jägerwinkel Bad Wiessee
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of General Therapeutic, Cardiac, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation after COVID-19 at the Specialized Rehabilitation Clinic Jägerwinkel Bad Wiessee ranks among the best German medical facilities specializing in cardiac rehabilitation!
The department offers treatment and rehabilitation for patients with internal diseases, cardiac pathologies and cancers. Of particular interest is rehabilitation after cardiovascular diseases and prevention of pathologies of this spectrum. In addition, the department has developed effective rehabilitation programs for patients who had coronavirus infection. The department's medical team aims to activate the body's own forces and strengthen it, thereby reducing the risk of disease recurrence. The department has modern diagnostic rooms, which serve for a lot of diagnostic examinations to assess the patient's condition and select the most effective rehabilitation measures. In addition to the use of various therapeutic and rehabilitation techniques, special attention is paid to the patient's psychoemotional state. The department employs highly qualified psychologists who are always ready to help the patient overcome fear, anxiety and stress. The doctors strive to provide patients with maximum care and attention, so that they feel as comfortable as possible and can recover to reintegrate into their daily routine. The Head Physician of the department is Dr. med. Andreas Hofschneider.
Prior to starting treatment and rehabilitation, it is extremely important to accurately assess the patient's condition, identify the risks of developing the disease, or assess the complications of an already suffered pathology. To this end, the department's specialists have excellent diagnostic capabilities at their disposal. Diagnostic rooms are equipped with the most advanced systems for thyroid and abdominal ultrasound, duplex sonography of the cerebral vessels, duplex sonography of the veins, chest x-ray, ECG at rest and during exercise, pulmonary function testing, endoscopic studies, digital mammography for early detection of breast cancer, virtual spectroscopy for early detection of prostate cancer, whole body PET scanning, computed tomography. In addition, the department has an in-house laboratory for the full range of laboratory tests.
The department's medical team specializes in the rehabilitation of patients with rheumatism, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, diseases of the heart, lungs, stomach, liver, thyroid gland, and cancers. Depending on the specific disease and the patient's general condition, a phased rehabilitation program is developed for him, which will improve his well-being and eliminate the consequences of the disease. Oxygen infusions and vitamin infusions are often recommended for patients. All patients receive competent psychological care. In addition, the climatic conditions in which the medical facility is located contribute to the restoration of health. The fresh air of the Alpine mountains and beautiful natural landscapes promote peace of mind and recovery of patients.
Diet therapy plays a decisive role in recovery from a postponed pathology or in the prevention of internal and heart diseases. Nutritionists of the medical facility develop an individual diet for each patient, based on the results of comprehensive diagnostics. In the course of personal consultations with the patient, specialists conduct a detailed survey, including information on dietary habits and food preferences. The task of the specialists is to saturate the body with nutrients in order to improve the patient's health and well-being.
The medical team working in the department also successfully uses the methods of traditional Chinese medicine. In addition, techniques such as Banerjee homeopathy, microimmunotherapy, autologous conditioned plasma therapy, mesotherapy and acupuncture are widely used here.
The department's doctors prefer an integrated approach: they competently combine various rehabilitation procedures that increase activity and improve well-being after an illness. The specialists devote enough time to personal communication with patients, listening to their needs and wishes, striving to provide the highest quality treatment and care.
Today, the department's specialists also offer comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients who had coronavirus infection. The most common complaints following an illness include shortness of breath, fatigue, and decreased performance. At the same time, many patients also complain of psychosomatic disorders. Prior to the appointment of the rehabilitation program, the patient undergoes the full diagnostics and tells the attending physician in detail about his complaints, on the basis of which the tactics of further rehabilitation are planned. During rehabilitation, the department's specialists use breathing exercises, physiotherapy, endurance training, multimodal pain management, traditional Chinese medicine, sports (moderate exercise), art therapy and relaxation procedures. An integral part of the rehabilitation program after suffering the coronavirus infection is psychological care aimed at overcoming anxiety disorders, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and other psychological problems.
The department specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with the following pathologies:
- Arterial hypertension
- Diabetes mellitus
- Coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction and its complications
- Stroke and its complications
- Lung diseases
- Coronavirus infection
- Thyroid diseases
- Cancers of various localization
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Liver diseases
- Other diseases
The department's range of diagnostic and therapeutic options includes:
- Thyroid and abdominal ultrasound scanning
- Duplex sonography of the cerebral vessels
- Duplex sonography of the veins
- Chest and heart X-ray
- ECG at rest and during exercise
- Pulmonary function testing
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Endoscopic examinations (gastroscopy, colonoscopy)
- Bioimpedance analysis (assessment of the distribution of adipose tissue, muscle mass and water in the body)
- Cardiac computed tomography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- Digital mammography for breast cancer screening
- Virtual spectroscopy for prostate cancer screening
- Whole body PET scanning
- Comprehensive laboratory testing (tumor markers, vitamins, trace elements, food intolerance, genetic tests, etc.)
- Traditional Chinese medicine methods
- Ozone therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Breathing exercises
- Multimodal pain management
- Individualized physiotherapy course
- Endurance training
- Diet therapy
- Psychological care
- Art therapy
- Relaxation techniques
- Autogenic training
- Tai chi
- Other diagnostic and treatment methods
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Andreas Hofschneider
University Education and Professional Career
- 1995 - 2003 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Vienna, Austria.
- 09.2002 Unit for Acute Respiratory Viral Infections, Queen Anne Hospital, University of the West Indies, Barbados.
- 08.2002 Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 07.2002 Chest Pain Unit, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 10.2004 Admission to medical practice, Germany.
- 09.2004 - 03.2007 Assistant Physician, Department of General and Intensive Care, Franziskus Hospital Bielefeld.
- 04.2007 - 08.2007 Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, Empress Elisabeth Hospital, Vienna.
- 08.2007 - 04.2008 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiology, Hospital Nuremberg.
- 04.2008 - 12.2009 Assistant Physician, Emergency and Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Nuremberg.
- 12.2009 - 12.2010 Assistant Physician, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hospital Nuremberg.
- 01.2011 - 11.2011 Assistant Physician, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Altdorf.
- 12.2011 Board certification in Internal Medicine, Bavarian Medical Association, Munich.
- 01.2012 - 04.2013 Board certification in Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hospital Nuremberg.
- 05.2013 - 12.2014 Training in Cardiology, Franconian Switzerland Hospital, Ebermannstadt.
- 2015 - 2018 Senior Physician, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Medical Park Clinic Bad Wiessee.
- 2016 Board certification in Cardiology, Bavarian Medical Association, Munich.
- Since 04.2018 Chief Physician of the Department of General Therapeutic, Cardiac, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation after COVID-19 at the Specialized Rehabilitation Clinic Jägerwinkel Bad Wiessee.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Der Jägerwinkel Privatklinik GmbH
Department of General Therapeutic, Cardiac, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation after COVID-19.
Specialized Rehabilitation Clinic Jägerwinkel Bad Wiessee:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.