St. Vincentius Hospital Karlsruhe-Academic Hospital of the University of Freiburg
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology (333815)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology
About the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at St. Vincentius Hospital Karlsruhe-Academic Hospital of the University of Freiburg
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the St. Vincentius Hospital-Academic Hospital of the University of Freiburg performs diagnosis and treatment of patients by using diagnostic imaging and the possibilities of interventional radiology both in outpatient and in inpatient settings. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. Karl-Jürgen Lehmann.
The spectrum of services of the department covers classical radiographic and functional radiology diagnostics, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, angiography, mammography and sonography. In cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Medicine, the department performs PET-CT and SPECT-CT.
Interventional Radiology covers complex treatment of vascular diseases, pain relief and drainage of internal organs, treatment of tumors with chemo-perfusion, embolization and radiofrequency ablation, analgesic therapy and biopsies of suspicious lesions under the supervision of visualization methods. Emergency medical care, for example, in constant bleeding and occlusion of blood vessels is performed around the clock.
The spectrum of medical services of the Department of Interventional Radiology covers:
Diseases of blood vessels
- Vascular dilation and balloon catheter implantation (STA), stenting and other methods (eg, lysis, atherectomy, thrombectomy)
- Interventions on vessels with aneurysms and other vascular malformations, eg, with arteriovenous malformations
- Bronchial arteriography and embolism in hemoptysis
- Interventions for occlusion of vessels (embolization) in tumors and bleeding
- Implantation of vascular prostheses (endovascular aneurysm correction)
- Embolization of uterine myoma
- Sclerotherapy with varicocele in men or iliac vein syndrome in women
- Repeated surgeries dialysis shunts
- Visualization of tear ducts and dilatation
- Lymphography for treatment of persistent postoperative lymphatic fistulas
- Emergency medical care (acute bleeding, acute occlusion of vessels, etc.)
- Chemoembolization, especially for liver tumors (TACHE)
- Radiofrequency ablation, especially in liver tumors
- Embolization of the portal vein
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiostomy (CCHC)
- Preoperative embolization of blood vessels
- Treatment of acute or recurrent bleeding from a tumor
- Installation of nephrostomy / double J-catheter
Also the department offers the following services:
- CT and MRI of the heart
- MR mammography
- Biopsy under the control of mammography
- Pain therapy under the control of visualization methods (the focus is on the treatment of back pain: nerve roots, facet joints)
- PET-CT and SPECT-CT (in cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Medicine)
Photo of the doctor: (c) ViDia Kliniken Karlsruhe
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
St. Vincentius Hospital Karlsruhe-Academic Hospital of the University of Freiburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.