Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology (302977)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers the full range of medical services in this field and specializes in the treatment of all diseases of the skin and its appendages. The department has the reputation of one of the leading medical facilities in the world in the field of its competence. Over 30,000 patients undergo diagnostics and treatment here annually, which testifies to the outstanding quality of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The experienced dermatologists of the department also have rich experience in the treatment of skin pathologies in children and adolescents. The Сhief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Eli Sprecher.
The department has everything necessary for the provision of effective and comprehensive medical care. The patients have access to advanced therapy methods, state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable rooms for inpatient treatment, as well as specialized care, social care, psychological support and clinical nutrition. The department also has medical laboratories, which carry out specialized diagnostic tests, for example, drug sensitivity testing, molecular tests to detect genetic disorders and many others.
The service range of the department also includes dermatosurgery and aesthetic dermatology. To achieve the best results, it uses only proven and effective treatment methods, such as photodynamic therapy, laser therapy, digital mole mapping, etc. Obviously, the treatment regimen is developed individually for each patient, taking into account his specific clinical indications.
In addition to clinical practice, the department takes an active part in research activities, as well as in professional training of postgraduate students, research fellows with doctoral degrees and nurses. Some of the inventions made by the department's specialists are currently being applied as part of new diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following skin diseases:
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Contact dermatitis and allergic skin manifestations
- Dermatologic drug reactions (for example, side effects of cancer treatment)
- Hair and nail diseases
- Hereditary skin diseases
- Inflammatory and trophic skin diseases
- Occupational skin diseases
- Pigmentation disorders
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Skin cancer
- Skin lymphoma
- Skin ulcers and chronic wounds
- Long healing wounds
- Rare skin diseases
- Other diseases of the dermatological spectrum
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Eli Sprecher
- Medical School, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- PhD in Virology, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Fellowship, Human Genetics, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Since 2008 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 2007 - 2010 Director, Center for Translational Genetics, Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- 2007 - 2008 Director, Interdisciplinary Genomics Program, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel.
- 2006 - 2008 Deputy Director, Academic Affairs, Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- 2002 - 2008 Senior Physician, Department of Dermatology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa.
- 2001 - 2008 Director, Laboratory of Molecular Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa.
- 2012 Associate Editor, American Journal of Human Genetics.
- 2010 - 2014 Chairman, Examination Board in Dermatology and Venereology, Scientific Council.
- 2010 Professor of Dermatology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- 2007 Associate Editor, Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- 2006 Section Editor, British Journal of Dermatology.
- 2006 Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- Over 220 presentations at scientific conferences.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Society of Genetics.
- Israel Society of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Israel Society for Genetics.
- American Society of Investigative Dermatology.
- American Academy of Dermatology.
Areas of Interest
- Pediatric dermatology.
- Genetics of skin diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.