Medical tourism in Israel is very popular among patients around the world. Most often, people come here for cancer treatment. Many patients visit hospitals in Israel for neurosurgical or cardiac surgery, in vitro fertilization, knee or hip replacement. The prices are low here. In addition, Israel offers one of the best ratios of cost and quality of medical services.
Sheba Medical Center
Sheba Medical Center includes the Adult and Pediatric Hospital, as well as the Rehabilitation Hospital. The services in the field of oncology, cardiology, surgery, neurology and orthopedics are in the highest demand among adult patients. Sheba Medical Center makes a great contribution not only to the restoration of the health of Israelis, but also to the development of medical tourism in Israel. It has been admitting patients from other countries for more than 30 years. Most people come here for cancer treatment.
Features and achievements of Sheba Medical Center:
- The center has more than 150 departments and sections, almost all the existing medical fields in the world are represented here
- The first child in Israel, which was conceived via in vitro fertilization, was born here
- The hospital has accreditation of JCI (Joint Commission International)
- Sheba Medical Center ranks among the TOP-ten hospitals in the world according to Newsweek
- It has one of the largest departments of oncohematology in Europe, where bone marrow transplantation is carried out
- The hospital cooperates closely with the MD Anderson Cancer Center (USA) and ranks among the leading Israeli Cancer Clinics
- The hospital has the world's only Virtual Reality Rehabilitation Center
- Sheba Medical Center operates as Military Hospital; it admits patients from the Israeli Army who have been injured and wounded
Sheba Medical Center is one of the best in rehabilitation medicine. The Rehabilitation Hospital operates here. It admits more than 200,000 patients annually. More than 6,000 of them are treated on an inpatient basis. It includes the following facilities:
- National Institute for Spinal Injuries
- Department of Rehabilitation after Head Injuries
- Department of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Step Institute
- National Multiple Sclerosis Center
- Department of Eating Disorders
Sheba Medical Center has the Safra Children's Hospital. It includes the Edmond J. Safra International Congenital Heart Center, which specializes in the diagnostics and surgical treatment of these diseases. The doctors of the center cope even with the most complex cases, if necessary, they operate on newborns and even premature babies.
The Institute for Rare Diseases was opened in 2014 at the Pediatric Hospital of the Sheba Medical Center. Nowadays, not only Israelis, but also patients from all over the world come here, as in their country they cannot always get adequate medical care for rare pathologies.
Rabin Medical Center
The Rabin Medical Center has:
- More than 1000 doctors
- More than 180 clinics, departments, and institutes
- 40,000 operations annually
- Annual budget, which exceeds 500 million dollars
The hospital is one of the best in transplantology. About 150 heart transplantations, 50 lung transplantations, 40 liver transplantations, and 180 kidney transplantations are performed here annually. The center performs three quarters of all operations for transplantation of internal organs in Israel.
The Rabin Medical Center includes the following facilities:
- Beilinson Multidisciplinary Hospital
- Hasharon Hospital
- Helen Schneider Hospital for Women
- Recanati Genetic Institute
- Davidoff Cancer Center
- Felsenstein Medical Research Center
- Israel’s largest Schneider Children's Medical Center
It is one of the best hospitals specializing in cancer treatment in Israel. About 25% of Israelis with cancers are treated at the Davidoff Cancer Center. The Department of General and Cancer Surgery performs complex operations. Laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgeries are performed at the initial stages of cancer.
The Rabin Medical Center has the largest Department of Cardiology in Israel. It annually admits more than 60,000 Israelis. It cooperates closely with the Department of Cardiac Surgery, which performs operations of any complexity, including simultaneous transplantation of the heart and lungs.
The Department of Neurosurgery operates in the Rabin Center, where surgeries have been performed for over 80 years. More than 1000 surgical interventions on the brain in adults, as well as more than 400 operations in children are performed here annually.
Hadassah University Hospital
The hospital is the oldest major medical facility in Israel. In 2018 it celebrated its centenary. The medical center is located in Jerusalem.
The hospital has the following achievements:
- It is a member of the American Hospital Association
- The only hospital in Israel, which has integrated its base into the STS National Database
- The first Israeli hospital, which was fully accredited by the JACIE European Committee
- The only medical center in Israel, which became part of the International Society of Orthopaedic Centers (ISOC)
- More than 60% of the most reputable Israeli doctors work, have worked before or have been trained at the Hadassah Hospital
The hospital ranks among the leaders in the field of oncohematology. At the beginning of 2020, more than 4200 bone marrow transplantations were performed here, including 1380 procedures in children.
Hadassah Hospital is one of the best in the treatment of stroke. It is the only Israeli center, which provides surgical treatment for patients older than 80 years. It was the first hospital in the country, which began to perform surgeries for removal of blood clots from the vessels and reconstructive operations on arteries for prevention of recurrent strokes. The unique RAPID CT technology is used for the diagnostics of a stroke. It allows the doctors to assess cerebral blood flow in a few minutes and make it more accurately compared to the standard CT and MRI.
An underground ultra-modern surgical complex was opened in January 2016 at the Hadassah Hospital. Operations of any complexity are performed here. Hybrid operations are performed when several teams of surgeons operate on one patient.
The following unique equipment and treatment methods are used at the Hadassah Medical Center:
- PET-CT DISCOVERY MI is a device, which detects metastatic foci of malignant tumors with a diameter of 2 mm or more
- Hadassah Hospital uses the world's best KINEVO 900 surgical microscope from the German company Zeiss
- Novalis TrueBeam STx 2016 linear accelerator allows the doctors to irradiate malignant tumors with the highest level of accuracy, which is not accessible to previous models, as well as to reduce the course duration by 30-50%
- Unique mitral valve repair technique MitraClip is used
- Adaptive cell therapy and unique vaccines are used for the treatment of metastatic melanoma
- Hadassah is one of two hospitals in Israel (along with Sheba Medical Center) where Lutetium-177 is used for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer
- Ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation is used here for removal of neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors
- Da Vinci Surgical System is used in unique organ-preserving surgery for kidney cancer
- Wide use of the SILS method – performance of laparoscopic surgery through just one incision
- Unique NOTES operation – removal of the gallbladder through the vagina; such technique does not leave scars on the stomach
- Some brain surgeries are performed under the guidance of intraoperative MRI
Hadassah Medical Center is considered one of the best in the world in terms of performing the coronary artery bypass grafting. The mortality rate of patients after this operation is 1.4%, which is 2 times lower than the averages in the United States. The risk of haemorrhages is 2.1%, which is 3 times lower than in the United States.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
The Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa is located in Haifa. People often come here for the treatment of cancer. Oncology treatment is one of the most complex, technologically advanced and expensive medical fields. The cost of most procedures for cancer treatment is high, and to reduce it, patients from developed countries often visit other countries, such as Israel. The prices are lower here, and the effectiveness of cancer treatment is as high as in the Western countries.
The Cancer Center at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa is recognized by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). Here is one of the largest departments of radiation therapy in the country. It is located underground and has an area of more than 1,500 square meters. Two state-of-the-art linear accelerators are used for the treatment of cancer. They allow the doctors to perform irradiation on an accelerated program. The influence of radiation is very accurate: it destroys cancer, but does not cause significant harm to human health.
The most common destination for medical tourism at Assuta Hospital is cancer treatment. The hospital carries out breast cancer treatment using organ-preserving surgeries and follow-up breast plastic surgery with usage of the patient's own tissues or implants. Intraoperative irradiation is carried out, as well as the latest types of postoperative radiation therapy, which reduce significantly the duration of the course.
The treatment of lung cancer at the initial stages is performed using minimally invasive imaging-guided thoracoscopic surgery. The hospital uses da Vinci surgical system for removal of tumors.
Assuta Hospital is private, not public medical facility. The cost of some medical services in it may be higher, but still, the prices are lower than in the US and Europe. Many patients choose Assuta Hospital, despite the higher cost of operations and procedures. They receive here not only high-quality medicine, but also comprehensive care and comfort.
Sourasky Medical Center
The hospital is located in Tel Aviv. The main fields for medical tourism are oncology, cardiology, as well as cardiac surgery, orthopedics, gynecology. Plastic and bariatric surgeries are performed here.
Many patients go to the Sourasky Medical Center for the treatment of cancer in Israel. New approaches are used here in the fight against cancers. The following treatment methods are applied:
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries, including robot-assisted ones
- Organ-preserving technique for the treatment of breast cancer and follow-up personalized treatment based on analyzes
- HIPEC – flushing of the abdominal cavity with chemotherapeutic agents after surgery, increasing the survival of patients with advanced stages of cancer
After cancer surgeries, the patients are provided with adequate medical care. The hospital also carries out rehabilitation after treatment.
Where can I get assistance?
If you are interested in medical tourism in Israel, you can use the services of Booking Health. Our portal provides the information about hospitals in Israel, doctors, medical programs, and prices. You can compare the cost of treatment in different hospitals and book a medical program at the best price. The specialists of Booking Health medical tourism company will arrange a trip abroad for you. We offer the following services and benefits:
- Selection of the hospital, which specializes in the treatment of certain diseases and achieves the best results with minimal health risks
- We will arrange a treatment in Israel at convenient dates for you
- Reduced cost of treatment in Israel -– the price is reduced due to avoiding additional coefficients for foreign patients
- Direct communication with the doctor
- Elaboration of a treatment program without repeating previously performed diagnostic tests
- Buying and forwarding medicines
- Communication with the hospital after the treatment program completion
- Organization of additional diagnostics and treatment in Israel
The specialists of Booking Health provide TOP-class services. We will book a hotel and airline tickets for you, meet you at the airport and take you to the hospital by car.