Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Neurosurgery (302984)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the department
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center under the direction of Prof. Zvi Ram specializes in the treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system in children and adults. The Department is considered the leading neurosurgery facility in Israel and worldwide. It is a key participant in educational programs for doctors, nurses and medical students from Tel Aviv University and New York University.
The medical team, headed by Prof. Zvi Ram, provides top-class medical care using state-of-the-art equipment and approaches, such as neuronavigation, surgeries under full consciousness, intraoperative MRI, endoscopic surgery, as well as simultaneous intraoperative electrophysiological recording for interventions on the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center aims to provide comprehensive medical care. To this end, there is maintained close cooperation with the specialists in the field of orthopedics, intensive care, endocrinology, otolaryngology, anesthesiology and invasive neuroradiology. Apart from clinical activities, the staff of the Department under the direction of Prof. Zvi Ram conducts clinical trials and basic research on an international level, heading a variety of studies and participating in the steering committees and advisory boards for many pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center under the direction of Prof. Zvi Ram meets the highest international standards in performing a wide range of neurosurgical interventions. These include:
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and fractionated stereotaxic radiation (FSR)
- Surgery for acoustic neuroma (radiosurgery)
- Surgery for pediatric brain tumors
- Surgery for skull base tumors and reconstructive surgery
- Peripheral nerve reconstruction
- Various shunt procedures for hydrocephalus
- Treatment of congenital malformations of the skull and spine
- Microvascular decompression for pain syndromes
- Pituitary surgery (standard and extended endoscopic procedures)
- Stereotactic brain biopsy
- Craniotomy for benign and malignant brain tumors
- Craniotomy for metastatic diseases of the brain and spine
- Treatment of intracranial aneurysm
- Interventional endovascular management of vascular malformations of the brain including aneurysms, AVMs (arteriovenous malformations)
- Treatment of stroke (revascularization by thrombolysis or embolectomy, local intra-arterial thrombolysis, embolectomy)
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Surgical treatment of functional disorders, including Parkinson's disease and other motor disorders
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive brain surgery
Department of Neurosurgery.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home