Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology (302998)
Specialized in: pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for young patients with diseases of the ears, nose and throat. The department's otolaryngologists also have extensive experience in the treatment of especially complex otolaryngological cases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Ari Derowe.
The state-of-art equipment in combination with the professionalism of medical personnel ensures the accurate diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of children. To examine the upper respiratory tract, the department's specialists use fibroscopy. The department provides outpatient admission three days a week. This admission serves for surgical interventions, which do not require hospitalization. All types of treatment are carried out by highly qualified and experienced doctors in accordance with the highest international medical standards. If necessary, the combined operations are performed in collaboration with neurosurgeons and plastic surgeons.
The department offers the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases in infants, children and adolescents:
- Congenital and genetic diseases of the ears, nose and throat
- Speech and hearing impairments, voice problems (for example, hoarseness)
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Diseases in children with tracheostomy
- Chronic ear infections and their complications
- Chronic sinusitis
- Nasal breathing disorders
- Benign and malignant tumors of the ears, nose and throat, head and neck
- Various infections of the ears, nose and throat
- Problems with swallowing and salivation
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- 1994 - 2002 Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Otorhinolaryngology, Clinical Instructor.
- 1995 - 1996 Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Otolaryngology, Instructor.
- 2007 Visiting Professor, Stanford School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology.
- Since 2009 Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University. Otorhinolaryngology, Senior Lecturer.
- 1988 Internship, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Rokach Hospital.
- 1989 - 1995 Residency, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Kaplan Hospital, Rehovot, Israel.
- 1991 - 1995 Residency, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel.
- 1995 - 1996 Clinical Fellow, Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Otolaryngology.
- 1996 - 1998 Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar-Saba.
- Since 1999 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
Prizes and Achievements
- 1989 Applied Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, Research Fellowship.
- 1995 American Physicians Fellowship for Medicine in Israel, Fellowship Grant.
- 1996 Educational Grant.
- 1996 Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Otolaryngology, Fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology.
- 2007 Stanford Visiting Professorship Scholarship.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 1989 Israeli Medical Association.
- 1997 Israeli Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- 1997 American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Since 2003 Secretary of the Israeli Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.