Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Neurology (303004)
Specialized in: pediatric neurology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for infants, children and adolescents with diseases of the nervous system. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Aviva Fattal-Valvsky.
The department employs a multidisciplinary team of highly qualified specialists. If necessary, the treatment process involves the participation of the experts from the Departments of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Pediatric Orthopedics and others. All medical measures are carried out in strict accordance with the medical protocols of the specialized societies.
The department collaborates successfully with the Sackler Faculty of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University. It conducts active research activities aimed at the development of new methods of treatment and diagnostics of such neurological diseases as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, Pompe disease, tuberous sclerosis and spinal muscular atrophy.
The department's service range includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following neurological diseases in children of all age groups:
- Malformations of the skull and brain (microcephaly, macrocephaly and hydrocephalus)
- Epilepsy, including hereditary types
- Febrile seizures
- Headaches and migraine
- Neonatal neurological pathology and complications during childbirth (prematurity, periventricular leukomalacia, intraventricular hemorrhages and hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy)
- Head injuries and brain hemorrhages
- Benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Infantile cerebral paralysis and spasticity (treatment using botulinum toxin, baclofen)
- Movement disorders (tics and Tourette syndrome, dystonia and tremor)
- Neuromuscular diseases (neuropathies, myopathies, muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis)
- Neuroinflammatory diseases (meningitis and encephalitis, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, Guillain–Barré syndrome and multiple sclerosis)
- Vascular diseases (vascular malformations, stroke, thrombosis and hemorrhages)
- Neurometabolic diseases
- Neurogenetic syndromes (fragile X syndrome, Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome and Down syndrome)
- Neuroectodermal syndromes (neurofibromatosis and tuberous sclerosis)
- Developmental disorders (intellectual disability, speech impairment, delayed development of motor functions and dyspraxia)
- Sensorineural hearing and visual impairments
- Behavioral disorders (emotional disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorders)
- Other pathologies
- Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Since 2009 Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 2007 - 2009 Deputy Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1996 - 2007 Deputy Head of the Section of Pediatric Development, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1993 - 1996 Senior Physician at the Institute of Pediatric Development and the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1993 - 1996 Pediatric Neurologist at the Institute of Pediatric Development and the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Israel Medical Association.
- Israel Society of Clinical Pediatrics.
- Israeli Pediatric Neurology Society.
- Israeli Epilepsy Society.
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders.
- European Paediatric Neurology Society.
- International Child Neurology Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Neurology.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.