Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics (303005)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center specializes in the accurate diagnostics and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases in infants, children and adolescents. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dror Ovadia.
It employs exclusively highly competent specialists with vast practical experience and successfully engaged in research activities. The department is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, which provide optimal treatment results and the restoration of mobility. In addition, the department provides high-quality postoperative rehabilitation, which plays a particularly important role in full functional recovery.
It should be noted that the department's orthopedists prefer sparing, minimally invasive techniques. A treatment plan is developed for each young patient individually. As of today, the department successfully treats many diseases, which until recently were considered incurable.
The department offers the diagnostics and treatment of the following orthopedic diseases:
- Spinal deformities and limb asymmetry
- Traumatic and infectious lesions of the bones and muscles
- Bone fractures and their complications
- Hip joint diseases
- Infantile cerebral paralysis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Congenital and acquired musculoskeletal diseases
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic pathologies caused by metabolic bone diseases
- Joint dislocation (treatment using ultrasound technologies)
- Problems with the ability to move (diagnostics and treatment are carried out in collaboration with the specialized Gait Analysis Laboratory)
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
- Faculty of Medicine, Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- Fellowship in Pediatric Spinal Surgery, Hospital St. Vincent de Paul, Paris, France.
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel.
- Senior Orthopedic Surgeon, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel.
- Head of the Section of Pediatric Spinal Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel.
- Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel.
- Lecturer in Orthopaedic Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Spinal disease and spinal deformities in children and adolescents.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Active Member of Scoliosis Research Society (SRS).
- Israeli Association of Orthopedics (IAO).
- European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS).
- Israeli Spine Society (ISS).
- Israeli Pediatric Orthopaedics Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.