Necrosectomy, vacuum dressing treatment, dermoplasty (program ID: 330870)
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Eyal GurSpecialized in: plastic surgery
Department of Plastic Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- wound swab for bacteriological test
- preoperative care
- necrosectomy, plastic skin repair
- wound debridement
- vacuum dressing treatment
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- Photo of the target body region
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Plastic Surgery at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers advanced reconstructive and cosmetic interventions, which can improve the appearance and quality of life of a person. A competent team of the department's doctors pays particular attention not only to the aesthetic appearance, but also to the preservation of the functions of the human body. The cornerstone of medical care in the department is its multidisciplinary approach, which combines all the main medical specialties for the optimal assessment and treatment of complex clinical cases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Eyal Gur.
The department's surgeons have excellent reputation in Israel and around the world, and therefore they are regularly invited to make presentations at international conferences, as well as to act as visiting professors in renowned facilities around the world.
The department offers not only inpatient, but also outpatient plastic surgery. The pathologists, radiologists and other specialists provide interdisciplinary development of therapeutic intervention using maximum amount of information and practical experience. This approach allows patients to save valuable time and contributes to the optimal treatment results. The high-tech equipment is also an integral part of high-quality and effective treatment. The outpatient surgical interventions include the removal of moles, cysts, lipomas, scar revision and resection of such malignant tumors as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma, as well as the Mohs surgery – micrographic surgery. Most surgeries are performed under local anesthesia.
It should be noted that the department's surgeons have special experience in the field of microsurgical interventions according to the Mohs technique, which is effective for the treatment of common types of skin cancer. According to numerous researches, the indicator of the effectiveness of treatment using Mohs procedure is from 97% to 99.8% in primary basal cell carcinoma, which is the most common type of skin cancer. The Mohs surgery is performed under micrographic guidance, which ensures an accurate removal of malignant tissue, while healthy tissue is preserved.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Emergency medical care for injuries and burns
- Thoracic wall reconstruction
- Reconstruction of the anterior abdominal wall
- Breast surgery (oncoplastic reconstruction after mastectomy, breast augmentation and reduction, treatment of congenital or acquired breast asymmetry and gynecomastia)
- Surgical reconstruction after head and neck tumor removal
- Treatment of skin and soft tissue cancer
- Treatment of malignant melanoma
- Treatment of congenital malformations, craniofacial and vascular abnormalities (cleft palate, large moles, etc.)
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Restoration of facial expression and restoration of facial nerve function after facial paralysis (in adults and children)
- Reconstruction of limbs after injuries and operations
- Aesthetic surgery
- Other surgical options
- Study of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University, Sackler Medical School, Israel.
- 1991 - 1995 Postgraduate course in Plastic Surgery, Medical School, Tel Aviv University.
- 09.1994 International course, State-of-the-Art Symposium on Burn Wound, London, England.
- 06.1994 ATLS course (Acute Trauma Life Support), ATLS certification.
- 05.1997 AO/ASIF course, Maxillofacial Fracture Reduction and Fixation Course, AO/ASIF certification.
- 1991 - 1992 Resident in General Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1991 Clinic for Pediatric Pigmented Lesions, Tel Aviv Municipality Public Health Services.
- 1992 - 1994 Resident in Plastic Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1994 Resident of the Department of Otolaryngology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1994 Resident in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1994 Resident in the Department of Hand Surgery and Microsurgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel HaShomer.
- 1995 Resident of the Intensive Care Unit, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1995 Resident of the Department of Plastic Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1995 Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Microsurgical Reconstruction, Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
- 1996 Fellowship in Oncological Plastic Surgery (breast and sarcoma microsurgical reconstruction), Women’s College Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
- 1996 - 19997 Fellowship in Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada.
- 1997 Fellowship in Plastic Surgery and Microsurgery, Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
- 1991 Postgraduate course on Plastic Surgery, Lecturer on wound complication, Medical School of the Tel Aviv University.
- 1992 Lecturer in the "Skin Cancer Prevention Educational Campaign", Tel Aviv Municipality Health Authority and the Israeli Cancer Society.
- 1993 Medical School of the Tel Aviv University, teaching medical students in Plastic Surgery and Burns.
- 1993 Teaching Plastic Surgery to nursing and physiotherapy students, Medical School of the Tel Aviv University.
- 1993 Teaching Plastic Surgery to new immigrant physicians, Medical School of the Tel Aviv University.
- 1993 Lecturer to public health nurses, sun and skin cancer.
- 1996 Basic Science Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada.
- 2000 - 2005 Coordinator of Continuing Education Program in Plastic Surgery, Tel Aviv University.
- 2000 Lecturer Degree, Tel Aviv University.
- 2005 Senior Lecturer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- 2007 Coordinator of the presurgical course on plastic surgery for medical students, Sackler School of Medicine.
- 2007 Member of the "Research Day" Committee, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- 2007 Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- 2008 Member of the "Patent and Intellectual Property" Committee, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 2009 Member of the Editorial Board of the Israeli Medical Association Journal (IMAJ).
- 2002 - 2007 Member of the Examination Committee in Plastic Surgery, Israeli Medical Association.
- 2010 Member of the Specialty Accreditation Committee, Israeli Medical Association.
- 2013 Preparation for clinical professorship, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
Prizes and Achievements
- 1994 "Showder Fund" Research Grant, Tel Aviv University.
- 1994 "Shapira Fund" Research Grant, the government of Israel.
- 1995 - 1996 "American Physicians Fellowship for Medicine in Israel", a two-year grant in Toronto.
- 1997 Grant of the Medical Research Council of Canada.
- 1997 "Shiff Family Foundation" Research Grant, Toronto General Hospital.
- 2005 "Shlezak Grant", Tel Aviv University.
- 2007 "Chase Family Foundation Grant".
- 2008 "Sholowitz Family Grant".
- 2009 "Shlezak Grant", Tel Aviv University.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 1991 Israeli Medical Association.
- 1998 Israeli Society of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery.
- 1998 Active Member of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- 1999 American Cleft Lip and Palate Association.
- 2003 Active Member of the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- 2003 Israeli Society of Microsurgery.
- 2010 Active Member of the American Society for Reconstructive Transplantation.
- 2013 Active Member of the World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center