TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (609571)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul provides the high-quality and effective treatment of alopecia, including especially complex forms. The scope of the department's competence also includes eyebrow and beard transplantations. The patients who want to restore the density and beauty of their hair can also receive injections of rich with platelets blood preparations. Hair transplantations are performed using the very latest FUE and DHI techniques, which guarantee optimal and natural results, while minimizing injury rate. The patient does not need to be hospitalized for the hair transplantation and can return to normal life after 2-3 days.
The department is headed by Dr. med. Oyku Celen. The specialist is one of the leading doctors in her field of competence, she has many years of successful clinical experience, thanks to which she guarantees her patients excellent hair transplant results.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- FUE hair transplantation. This procedure is one of the most effective hair restoration methods. When performing the operation, the doctor extracts hair follicles (grafts) using special surgical micropunches with a diameter of 0,5-0,9 mm. At the same time, graft transplantation into the recipient site does not require any skin incisions, which excludes the formation of scars. Before the operation, it is necessary to shave the hair to a length of 1 mm. After shaving the hair, the doctor performs local anesthesia, which makes the operation painless – the department uses only innovative anesthesia techniques, particularly, anesthesia with a needleless injector and the use of "laughing gas". The operation lasts from 4 to 8 hours. After surgery, the patient should follow the doctor's recommendations for the care of the transplanted hair. The patient will see the final result of the procedure in 1-1,5 years. The clinic also performs hair transplantation using the Sapphire FUE technique, which is a modification of the FUE procedure. The difference between the Sapphire FUE and the FUE technique lies in the use of special instruments with sapphire blades, which allow the doctors to transplant more hair grafts per square centimeter of skin, which results in good hair density.
- DHI hair transplantation. DHI surgery is also an innovation in hair transplantation. It is performed with a special implanter pen called CHOI. This method involves the extraction of the donor hair grafts in the same way as in the use of FUE method. After that, the donor grafts are placed in the CHOI implanter pen and transplanted into the target area by pressing the pen button. It is not necessary to form canals for hair transplantation in the skin of the recipient zone in advance. The DHI technique is not suitable for all patients, but it is the optimal technique for hair transplantation without shaving, as well as for hair transplantation in small areas of alopecia. The operation lasts from 8 to 12 hours and is performed under local anesthesia. The patient can assess the final result in 1 year after the procedure.
- Beard and mustache hair transplantation. During the procedure, the doctor follows the same clinical protocol as for hair transplantation on the head. The FUE technique is used for the transplantation, while the donor site is the back of the head. An important role in achieving the natural appearance of the transplanted hair is played by the formation of skin canals for follow-up implantation of hair grafts at the correct angle. As a rule, men resort to hair transplantation on the beard or mustache in the case of genetic disorders, which lead to the lack of hair growth in these areas, trauma, scars and burns. The duration of beard hair transplantation lasts from 3 to 6 hours. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- Eyebrow hair transplantation. This type of transplantation is no different from hair transplantation on the head. The procedure involves the extraction of donor hair follicles from the back of the head and their transplantation to the target area. The transplantation is performed using the FUE technique. The main task of the doctor is to form a beautiful shape of the eyebrows that will fit the patient's face, as well as to achieve the most natural result. The operation lasts from 3 to 6 hours, while the final result can be assessed only after 1-1,5 years.
- Other hair restoration methods.
Dr. Oyku Celen received her undergraduate degree in Istanbul University from the Faculty of Medicine. After undergraduate study, she decided to specialize in the field of Dermatology, so she got education for five years in the Department of Dermatology at Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty. In the meantime, she did many researches and studies in the field of medical dermatology and by attending many congresses and symposiums she completed her education. She focused on Dermatology by means of receiving cosmetic education and making studies on this field throughout her specialized training. After having worked nearly 1,5 years in Monep Nişantaşı Clinic as Dermatologist, she transferred to Istanbul Surgery Hospital. Now she is working in her clinic and she is a shareholder of the Skin Health Turkey.
Professional skills: Hair Transplantation, Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology, Laser Treatments, Stem Cell Injections
Place of Birth: Istanbul
Date of Birth: 1979
Language: English, Turkish
Specialization: Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medicine School, Department of Dermatology
University: Istanbul University
History of Study: Consulting Room of Dermatologist Dr. Oyku Celen, İstanbul Cerrahi Hospital, M-Onep Aesthetic Clinic, Siirt State Hospital (Compulsory Service), Dermacare Beauty Center İstanbul
Associations: Skin and Venereal Diseases Association, Turkish Society of Dermatology, Istanbul Medical Chamber, Turkish Doctors Union
Photo of the doctor: (c) TravelMEDI
Department of Hair Transplantation.
TravelMEDI Clinic Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.