Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Urology (26107)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the University Hospital Charite offers modern urological therapy for men, women and children. The Director of the Department at the Campus Benjamin Franklin is Prof. Dr. Thorsten Schlomm. The department is located at the Campus Charite Mitte and at the Campus Benjamin Franklin.
The main medical focus of the department is the entire field of surgical (open and laparoscopic procedures) and conservative urology. The specialization of the department is based on tumour therapy, kidney transplant, kidney stone therapy, treatment of prostate enlargement, fertility / erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence and plastic reconstructive urology. As one of the leading Centers for Urological Laparoscopy, the department performs almost all types of laparoscopic surgery. Besides, the department provides services of the Interdisciplinary Center dealing with prostate diseases, problems of pediatric urology and plastic reconstructive urology.
The Department of Urology at the Charite is certified as the Interdisciplinary Prostate Center and Interdisciplinary Continence Center.
The medical staff of the Department of Urology comprises of a rather large number of qualified doctors and nursing staff who take care of the patients' health 24 hours a day.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology at University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
- 1995 – 2001 Study of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), University of Göttingen
- 06/2003 – 07/2007 Resident/Research Fellow, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- 2003 Medical Specialist, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- 2005 – 2005 Advanced Medical Training, the Medical Center of Aurora (Colorado, USA)
- 2005 – 2005 Advanced Medical Training, Children's Hospital Colorado (USA)
- 2006 – 2006 Advanced Training in Prostate Cancer Surgery, Cleveland Clinic (Ohio, USA)
- 2006 – 2006 Advanced Training in Prostate Cancer Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) New York, USA
- 07/2007 – 09/2011 Associate Professor, Senior Physician/Surgeon, Martini-Klinik, Prostate Cancer Center, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- 09/2011 – 02/2018 Director, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, Dept. for Translational Prostate Cancer Research
- 09/2011 – 02/2018 Professor of Urology, Scientific Director, Senior Physician/Surgeon, Martini-Klinik, Prostate Cancer Center, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Since 07/2016 Adjunct Professor of Molecular Urology, Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, Bergen Area, Norway
- Since 02/2018 Professor of Urology, Head, Dept. Urology, Charité
- The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA)
- International Cancer Gene Consortium (ICGC)
- National Cancer Genome Network (NGFN)
Department of Urology.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home