Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Cardiac Surgery (26109)
Specialized in: cardiac surgery
About the department
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Charite is located at the Campus Charité Mitte. The state-of-the-art department with a long experience offers treatment of all congenital and acquired cardiovascular diseases. The director of the department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Volkmar Falk.
Following the motto "To give, to teach and to research", the department strives to combine patient care and advanced professional expertise.
A highly motivated team of doctors and competent nurses work hand in hand to ensure both individual care and treatment for each patient.
The Department of Cardiac Surgery performs coronary artery bypass grafting, heart valve surgery (including mechanical valves, biological valves and Ross operation), as well as ablation for atrial fibrillation. The Department of Cardiac Surgery can provide surgical treatment of a highly complex congenital heart disease, which was considered inoperable just a few years ago.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in cardiac surgery!
- 1978 PhD defense.
- 1985 - 1988 Senior Physician in the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at the University Hospital Kiel.
- 1988 Venia Legendi in Surgery and PD.
- 1988 - 1989 Senior Physician and Permanent Representative of the Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery, Kerkhoff Clinic, Max Planck Society Bad Nauheim.
- 1989 - 1993 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Münster.
- Since October 1993, Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Charite.
- Heart valve replacement surgery.
- Correction of congenital heart defects.
- Surgical treatment of progressive heart failure.
Department of Cardiac Surgery.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home