Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Infectology and Pulmonology (26112)
Specialized in: infectology, pulmonology
About the department
The Department of Infectology and Pulmonology at the University Hospital Charite provides treatment of infectious and pulmonary diseases. The department headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr Norbert Suttorp is located at the Vichow-Klinikum and the Charité Mitte Campuses.
The Department of Infectology and Pulmonology specializes in the following focuses:
- Infectious diseases with pronounced clinical symptoms (infectious diseases), including HIV and AIDS, tropical diseases and highly contagious diseases
- Pulmonary (lung diseases) with a particular focus on pneumological oncology and pulmonary hypertension
- Intensive and respiratory medicine, including interdisciplinary intensive care, treatment of lung lesions (ARDS) and oxygen therapy for chronic respiratory failure.
- Since 2016, Medical Director of the Center 12 (CC12) at the University Hospital Charite.
- Since 1999, Professor (C4), Department of Infectology and Head of the Department of Infectology and Pulmonology, University Hospital Charite.
- 1999 Additional qualifications in Internal Medicine, Infectology and Intensive Care for Internal Diseases.
- 1998 Additional qualifications in Infectology and Environmental Medicine.
- 1997 Qualification in Pulmonology.
- 1996 Advanced training in Intensive Care for Internal Diseases.
- 1993 - 1998 Professor (C3), German Foundation for the Development of Science.
- 1990 Habilitation.
- 1984 - 1998 Fellow (Physician/Senior Physician), Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Giessen.
- 1982 - 1984 Fellow of the Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Giessen University.
- 1980 - 1982 Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA.
- 1979 PhD defense.
- 1972 - 1979 Study of Medicine at the Universities of Münster and Giessen.
Memberships in the Scientific Societies and Committees
- Since 2016, Member of the Committee of the German Society of Internal Medicine.
- Since 2014, Co-chairman of the BMBF CAPSyS Association (systemic medicine and pneumonia).
- Since 2013, Member of the "Evaluierung" Senate Committee of the Association of Leibniz.
- 2012 - 2016 Member of the Professional Board "Diseases of the Cardiovascular System and Lungs" of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Since 2008, Member of the Commission on Drugs, German Medical Association.
- 2002 - 2010 Representative of the network of BMBF CAPNETZ Competence Centers (pulmonology).
- Since 2007, Representative of the BMBF PROGRESS network (susceptibility factors in pneumonia and sepsis).
- Since 2006, Board Member of the German Society of Infectology (DGI).
- 2004 - 2008 Member of the Professional Board "Inflammation" of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Since 2005, Reviewer of the DFG/BMBF program "Clinical Trials".
- Since 2005, Board Member of the German Society of Infectology.
- Since 2003, Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the German Medical Association.
Awards and Honorary Memberships
- Since 2000, Member of the Academy of Naturalists "Leopoldina".
- Since 1999, Member of the Academy of Charitable Sciences in Erfurt.
- 1991 Award of the University of Giessen for the best doctoral thesis.
- 1990 Frey Award of the German Society for Intensive Care.
- 1980 - 1982 Scholarship of DAAD and Francis North Foundation, USA.
- 1972 - 1979 Scholarship of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes.
Department of Infectology and Pulmonology.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home