Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders (26114)
Specialized in: endocrinology and metabolic disorders
About the department
The Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders at the Charite University Hospital specializes in endocrinology, treatment of metabolic disorders and disorders of lipid metabolism. The department with its units at the Charite Mitte, Benjamin Franklin und Berlin Buch Campuses is headed by Prof. Dr. med. J. Spranger. Here patients receive comprehensive medical care on both an outpatient and inpatient basis.
The Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders specializes in endocrinology and especially in metabolic disorders. The department provides both diagnosis and treatment of patients with endocrine tumors. There is also offered a nutritional therapy for the patients with high insulin requirements.
The field of lipid metabolism focuses on the research and treatment of lipid metabolic disorders, as well as on the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases at the Charite University Hospital ranks among the top German departments specializing in diabetes treatment!
- 1990 - 1996 Study of medicine at the Ruhr University Bochum and at the Newcastle University (Great Britain).
- 1996 - 1997 Intern at the Institute of Pathology, Ruhr University in Bochum.
- 1997 - 2000 Assistant Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Bochum.
- 2000 - 2007 Fellow of the German Institute for Nutrition Research Potsdam, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
- 2008 Invitation to the post of professor at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 2008 Head of the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home