Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Ophthalmology (26120)
Specialized in: ophthalmology
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Charite treats all types of eye diseases. It is headed by Professor Dr. Antonia Joussen.
The department is located at the Charité Campuses Benjamin Franklin and Virchow-Klinikum and comprises of the Eye Cancer Center, the Corneal Center (including the Eye Bank) and the Uveitis Center. Also, the department specializes in the treatment of glaucoma.
A team of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Charite treats all eye diseases ranging from retinal detachment to glaucoma and keratoplasty, while the primary specialization is the treatment of particularly complex conditions.
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Charite offers the following services and treatment options:
- Eye Cancer Center: all tumors of the anterior and posterior segments of the eye
- Corneal Center: penetrating keratoplasty
- Refractive Surgery Center
- Uveitis Center: treatment of infectious causes and uveitis of children
- Paediatric ophthalmology and neuro-ophthalmology
- Berlin, Germany