Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Obstetrics (26121)
Specialized in: obstetrics
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Obstetrics at the Charite University Hospital Berlin ranks among the top German medical facilities of this kind!
The department provides patients with comprehensive management of pregnancy, safe delivery and high-quality postpartum care. As the Level I Perinatal Center, the department has exceptional experience in the management of high-risk pregnancies, multiple pregnancies. The department maintains close cooperation with the specialists from related disciplines, in particular, with gynecologists, neonatologists, pediatric cardiologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists, pediatricians, etc. The priority task of the department's doctors is the provision of the best medical care in pleasant atmosphere, taking into account the individual needs and wishes of the woman. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Henrich.
The department has the most advanced ultrasound equipment for pregnancy screening in each trimester and invasive intrauterine procedures. Special attention should be paid to the department's delivery rooms, in which many aids are available for successful delivery, including special maternity baths. The department's obstetricians specialize in all modern types of childbirth, such as natural childbirth, outpatient childbirth, water birth, childbirth using vacuum extractor and C-section. In addition, the department specializes in the management of pregnancy in women with diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, infectious diseases and other pathological conditions.
The main focuses of the department’s clinical practice include:
- Prenatal diagnostics and therapy
- First trimester screening
- Second trimester screening (ultrasound examination of the fetus in accordance with the requirements of the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine)
- Doppler ultrasonography
- Non-invasive prenatal diagnostics in suspected chromosomal abnormalities
- Intrauterine therapy
- Transplacental therapy (in tachycardia and bradycardia fetal arrhythmias)
- Laser therapy in feto-fetal transfusion syndrome
- Invasive prenatal diagnostics
- Chorionic villus sampling (transabdominal access)
- Pregnancy management in women with diabetes mellitus
- Pregnancy management in women with arterial hypertension
- Childbirth in pelvic presentation
- Management of multiple pregnancy
- Management of pregnancy in patients with comorbidities
- Congenital or acquired heart defects, heart rhythm disorders
- Metabolic disorders (for example, diabetes mellitus, thyroid diseases)
- Neurological disorders (for example, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy)
- Autoimmune and rheumatic diseases (for example, systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, etc.)
- Kidney diseases (for example, patients on dialysis, after kidney replacement)
- Kidney diseases (for example, patients on dialysis, after kidney transplantation)
- Blood disorders and blood-clotting disorders (for example, thrombocytopenia or thrombophilia)
- Pregnancy management in women with infectious diseases
- Medical care for pregnant women suffering from addiction to alcohol, nicotine, cannabis, opiates, opioids
- Psychosomatic care for pregnant women
- Other medical services
- 1983 - 1989 Study of Medicine, Heidelberg University (Germany), University of San Diego (USA), University of Zürich (Switzerland).
- 1990 - 1997 Clinical Education at the Charite, Campus Virchow, Berlin.
- 1997 Board certification for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1999 Board certification for Fetal Medicine.
- 2000 Diploma in Fetal Medicine (Fetal Medicine Foundation, London, UK).
- 2003 Habilitation and Venia legendi.
- 2005 Level III Certification of the German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- 2009 Board Member of the German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- Since 2011 Head of the Department of Obstetrics at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Prenatal diagnostics and therapy.
- First and second trimester screening
- Prevention of congenital anomalies.
- Fetal echocardiography
- Non-invasive and invasive prenatal procedures.
- Doppler ultrasound of the fetus in the uterus.
- Blood loss during childbirth.
- Ultrasound examination in the delivery room.
- 3D and 4D ultrasound examination.
- Premature birth.
- Cervical length and fetal fibronectin.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- German Society for Perinatal Medicine (DGPM).
- Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics in Berlin (GGGB).
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG).
Department of Obstetrics.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home