Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric Surgery (26123)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Charite offers an effective treatment of children. The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Charite is headed by Prof. Dr. Karin Rothe, is located at the Virchow-Klinikum Campus.
The department is located at the Campus Virchow-Klinikum. A team of pediatric surgeons, radiologists and nurses ensures the safest and the highest quality of treatment for children. The patients of the Department of Pediatric Surgery receive medical care from the highly qualified specialists. The range of services includes surgery in newborns and premature infants, thoracic surgery, abdominal surgery, pediatric trauma surgery, cancer surgery, treatment of burns in children, pediatric urology, laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery, hand surgery and laser therapy.
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Charite provides treatment of the following diseases:
- Anorectal malformation
- Lateral cervical cysts
- Urethral valves
- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Hirschsprung's disease
- Esophageal atresia
- Pectus excavatum (funnel chest)
- Diaphragmatic hernia etc.
- 1974 - 1980 Study of Medicine at the Leipzig University.
- 1980 - 1984 Professional training in Pediatric Surgery, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Leipzig (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Fritz Meissner).
- 1984 Medical Specialist in Pediatric Surgery.
- 1985 Doctor’s degree. Subject: "Omphalocele – a retrospective study with special consideration of risk factors".
- 1994 Habilitation. Subject: "Monitoring of morbidity in pediatric surgery. On the importance of biomedical functions in newborns and infants".
- 1994 - 2008 Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Leipzig.
- 1995 Obtaining the right to teach in Pediatric Surgery (PD).
- 1997 European certification as a Specialist in Pediatric Surgery (European Council of Pediatric Surgery).
- 2000 Appointed as a Visiting Professor, Pediatric Surgery.
- 2003 - 2009 Head of the Academy of Pediatric Surgery of the German Society of Pediatric Surgery.
- 01.05.2008 - 09.31.2009 Head of the Section of Pediatric Surgery at the Department of General, Abdominal and Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 01.10.2009 Appointed as W3 Professor, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Neonatal surgery and surgical correction of malformations.
- Abdominal and thoracic surgery.
- Endocrine surgery.
- Genital surgery.
- Surgical treatment of solid tumors.
- Plastic surgery.
- Pediatric trauma surgery.
- Burns (also steam burns).
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home