Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine (26124)
Specialized in: pediatric gastroenterology and metabolic medicine
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine at the University Hospital Charite is part of the Otto-Heubner-Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. Angelika Eggert.
It is located at the Campus Virchow-Klinikum. To ensure both speedy and uncomplicated recovery of children, one of the most advanced European pediatric facilities employes careful and professional doctors and nurses.
Thanks to close cooperation with various units of the Otto-Heubner-Center and other Charite departments, here one can enjoy good conditions providing an effective treatment. The department deals with the treatment of infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system and respiratory tract, neurological disorders, diabetes mellitus, congenital metabolic diseases and follow-up care for the patients who underwent liver transplantation.
- Graduation 1993, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
- Doctorate 1991 – 1993, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Essen Medical School, Germany Topic: Preparation and characterisation of adenovirus 12-specific polyclonal antibodies directed against specific E1A tumor antigens.
- 1993 – 1997 Resident, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 1997 – 2000 Postdoctoral Research Fellow to Group of Prof. G.M. Brodeur (Deutsche Krebshilfe / Wolfson Career Development Grant), The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
- 2000 – 2002 Clinical Fellow, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2003 – 2004 Senior Physician (Oberärztin), Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- Habilitation 2004, University of Duisburg-Essen Medical School, Germany Topic: Expression and biological function of neurotrophin receptors and receptors of the TNF-family in embryonal tumors
- 2005-2008 Professor of Pediatric Oncology Research (C3) and Deputy Director, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2006-2008 Interim Director, Dept. of Neonatology, Neuropediatrics and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- Since 2007 Director, University of Essen Comprehensive Cancer Center (WTZ)
- Since 2008 Director, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pulmology and Cardiology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2009-2011 Executive MBA in “International Hospital & Health Care Management, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- Since 1994 German Pediatric Society
- Since 1998 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Since 2000 German Society for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (GPOH)
- Since 2000 International Society for Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- 1997 Young Investigator Award: International Symposium on Advances in Neuroblastoma Research, City of Bath, United Kingdom.
- 1998 Evans-Prize: International Symposium on “Advances in Neuroblastoma Research”, Philadelphia, USA
- 2000 Poster Prize of the German Society of Pediatrics
- 2000 Dr. Odile Schweisguth Prize, SIOP Meeting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2000 Research Prize of the WTZ, Essen, Germany
- 2001 AACR Young Investigator Award, New Orleans, USA
- 2001 Kind-Philipp-Prize for Pediatric Oncology, GPOH-Meeting, Frankfurt, Germany
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home